Chapter Fifty Seven

Spencer's POV

  I'm currently driving two ex assassin Russian sisters to their parents for lunch. One is my best friend and the other is my girlfriend of not even a whole day. I'm going to see their parents where their mom is a genius ex assassin and their dad is a giant super soldier.

  I think the nerves that are wracking my body right now are pretty fair. Despite the fact they already know me and love me, I wasn't dating their daughter before.

  I have no idea what their reaction may be, and I might be over reacting, but can you blame me?

  Yelena and Nat have been talking back and forth while I've been drowning in my thoughts. Is it hot in this car? My throat is so dry. Yeah, I'm just going to turn the heat down a bit.

"Hey, bub. Are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh yeah. Just a bit too warm."

  I can feel her glaring into the side of my head. But I'm just watching the road and not bringing up my nerves.

I feel her run her hand through my hair and I can't help but lean into it a bit.

"Spence, you are never warm enough. What's wrong? Don't you dare say nothing."

Nats stern tone does something to me. I squirm a bit in my seat and I hope she doesn't notice. I clear my throat as a distraction.

"Well I am going to your super soldier dad and ex assassin moms for lunch for the first time as your girlfriend," I confess, placing my hand on her thigh to try to help center me. I shouldn't be this nervous, right?

"Awe, Spence. They already love you more than us. They're probably going to grill Nat more than you," Yelena tells me as she laughs.

"Bub, you don't need to stress. Yelena is right, they do love you. They'll be happy."

I let out a long breath. "I really hope so." I take a quick glance over to Nat to catch her eye. "I hope you know, I don't plan on going anywhere, Nat."

"I know," she whispers to me. "I'm here too. I'm here for us."

I take her hand from my head and kiss her knuckles before entwining them together. She has brought my nerves back in order, giving me that sense of comfort only she has been able to.

"Wait, can we go back to the part where Nat said I was right?" Yelena asks and we all laugh as we enjoy the rest of the ride to their parents.

————————

Alexei and Melina were very happy to see us for lunch, mostly to say good bye to Nat before she went back home. Melina is an angel and already had lunch prepared so we were sitting at the table.

  My nerves had an unwelcoming come back to mess with me. I think they can tell. I feel Nats hand on my thigh and I automatically put my hand over hers, intertwining my fingers with hers.

  I have had dozens of meals with these people with no issues, this shouldn't be any different. But it is.

———————————————————————

Nats POV

   I feel a bad for Spencer right now. She is definitely feeling the nerves and she has no reason to. I have no doubt my parents will be ecstatic that we are official.

  I'm going to hurry this along so she can relax a little more. Better to just rip the band aid off, right?

  I give her thigh a squeeze before I speak up, "so dad, mom, we actually have something to tell you."