Chapter Fifty Two

Nats POV

       Spencer is taking me shopping. No, not like that. We're going grocery shopping. Sounds like a simple task, but not with Spencer.

  We have taken the car so we can bring back the groceries; Spencer insisted on driving. I'm not worried; I trust her on a motorcycle, I think we'll do fine in a car.

  But since we made it official that we aren't going to see other people last night.. well it's been silence. Not a bad silence, more like a what - do - we - do - now kind of silence.

  We're both just in our own headspace I guess. I'm looking out the window, watching the scenery pass by and Spencer is focused in the road. I took a swift glance over at Spencer, her concentration is adorable. Then again, everything she does is adorable.

I take the moment to appreciate her. Her strong jaw line, relaxed posture, and how she is biting her lip and furrowing her brows as if she's deep in thought.

  She's using her thumb of her right hand to twirl the ring on her pointer finger. I then trail my eyes up her arms, admiring the tattoos she has sporadically placed. She's wearing a muscle top and it's working wonders.

  Somehow she is making the simple gray sweatpants she's wearing look sexy. Yes, my gaze wondered there. But in my defense, she does have her left leg up and leaning on the car of the door and I had to take a moment to see how that was comfortable.

She must have finally felt my lingering eyes as she takes a moment to look over at me, her incredible smile taking over her face once we make brief eye contact.

In one swift moment, she has taken my hand and intertwined our fingers. I instantly warm to the feeling.

She clears her throat before speaking, "so, do you know what you want to get?"

"For food? I was going to kind of let you lead in that department." I confess with some laughter.

"Nope. That won't do. I'm willing to cook just about anything your heart might desire. You're helping me pick the food out," she takes a moment to give me a jokingly serious expression before returning her attention to the road.

"I don't know what help I'll be, but I'll try," I concede.

We continue the rest of the short trip in that comfortable silence again, our hands still resting together on my lap.

——————

As we pull into the parking lot and park, Spencer jumps out of the car and rushes to my side before I can even unbuckle my seatbelt. She opens the door, giving me her hand which I graciously take.

She doesn't let go as we walk into the store. She grabs a cart and steers us to the first aisle, speaking as she does, "so I want you to grab whatever you'd like."

A little unsure of where this is going I hesitantly say, "um, I don't know if I'm best to pick dinner but.."

She shakes her head and chuckles. "Nat, there's no pressure. I just want to know what kind of foods you like. Then we can use it to make dinner and to snack on later, with whatever you decide you want."

It's such a simple notion but I can't help the flutter my heart does as she requests to know more about me, and in such an easy way as grocery shopping.

"Okay, I can do that."

"Alright, don't hold back on me either. I don't care how weird your cravings may be. I want to know them." She wiggles her eyebrows at me as she speaks.