Chapter Eighty Six

Nats POV

      Spencer did teleport us back after a few more minutes. It was amazing getting to be at a place that was so detrimental to Spencers life and to see that she isn't letting it tear her down.

      This place could have thrown her back down a hole, but she's changed. Outside of this place and what it meant. She's stronger. She's grown. She's free.

      I'm glad I got to be here for this. She's glowing and happy and I love it. I love seeing her happy.

      It was weird with the whole forest and someone named Elsa who I'm trying not to be jealous of. But I didn't see anyone afterwards so maybe it was someone in the illusion.

      I just know that she chose me. It was just her and I as she gave a few last moments to her childhood home. I was there when she said goodbye.

     I know how much it means that she wanted me with her, that she let me see this part of her.

      It means the world to me.

      But now we're back at the compound and I am going to make sure we head straight to Bruce. Like I said, I don't know what happened in there and I don't want to take any chances. She could have made her injuries worse or..

      Nope. Not going there.

      My plans are put on hold, however, when Spencer landed us in what looks like a small meeting between Tony, Fury, Carol and Bruce.

      At least he's here.

      "Spencer. What the hell happened?" Fury seems a little ticked off.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb. We had the stone then we didn't. Then you send Carol by herself. What the hell were you doing," he really starts getting mad here.

Not on my watch.

"Calm down, Fury. We're here. You have the stone. What's the problem?"

"The problem is that I don't know what happened over there and I don't like that. We don't know what she did.."

"Hold the fuck up Fury. I know you're not about to accuse her of something right now," I say in her defense.

"How am I suppose to know when.."

"Fury. We were there the whole time. We're all fine," Carol steps in.

"But you said you didn't know what was happening. And they sent you on your own without even telling you," Fury turns his attention to Carol.

 Way to go, Carol.

"Yes, because I didn't like that place. It was fucking creepy. And of course we didn't know what was going on with the stone. It's not like we could go near the thing," she says to all of our defense.

"Fine. Can you just tell me what did happened then?" He looks back to Spencer.

"Have any of you seen Frozen?" She asks. And she's serious.

"Yes." Fury admits along with Tony. Wow. Tony makes sense with Morgan. But Fury?

"I'm impressed. Well you know Elsas little love moment? Well I realized I was able to control the illusion with my feelings. I was angry and in pain when I created it. That's why it hurt so much when I held the stone at first. This time, it was like a gunshot wound instead."

Okay, that doesn't sound good. And reminds me of why we were seeing Banner in the first place.

"Actually, Bruce, can you check Spencer for any wounds? A concussion or if she tore any old wounds?"