Chapter 7- Dealing With Consequences.

A few seconds after hearing Steve's thoughts, I jumped out of bed both excited but also a little terrified at the fact that he thought that I should come along to the mission.

I mean, I have only had one training session and have only been here for a day, yet they want me to join them on a mission. Like the AVENGERS wanted ME to go on a mission with them. Guaranteed it was only Steve that thought that but still, it's one of the Avengers and the rest might agree.

I walked at a fast pace to the elevator, so I could join Steve as he was going to the meeting room. I clicked the button after the elevator started moving down floors.

The elevator door dinged revealing a Steve that was smiling at me like he wanted to ask me something but didn't know how to approach the question without forcing it.

"I would love to join you guys on the mission if it meant that you would have more trust in me and that I had my first shot at helping you." I said to him with a wide smile. He turned to me with a stunned and confused face before I raised my left hand to the side of my face tapping on it with a smile.

He nodded understanding what I meant. "Okay, first of all, I'm surprised you heard me and not anyone else and second I know that you have only been here for one day but I think that this could be a good way since we will all be working as a team and secondly it's another way for us trusting you." He said looking back ahead as the elevator dinged and opened both of us walking to the conference room. It was more like me following him while trying to stand next to me.

As we entered the room he told Jarvis to get the team to come to the meeting room so they could get ready for the next mission turning towards me after and speaking. "By the way, I don't know if you knew but we have your phone for safekeeping so you can have it maybe after the second week or so but someone called you saying that they were your sister. I will allow you to call them back when the rest of the team comes to the room before I start the meeting for the plan to take on the Hydra base that we are taking down." Steve says to me as my eyes widen as he says that my sister called me.

I haven't talked to her since I was captured by Hydra that doesn't mean that I haven't listened to the voicemails I found after I got my phone back from my old apartment and left everything else the second I got my phone since I didn't want to be captured again.

The voicemails and messages she left were so upsetting that I was so selfish, I couldn't bring myself to calling her and telling her that I was okay. I just wanted her to move on but she would message me on my birthday and of course I would read them and it seemed like she was moving on as the messages became less and less upsetting and more accepting.

She is going to be so, so, so, so, so, so upset and angry. I'm going to be yelled at for the next 24 hours, and by the end of it, I'm going to be 20 feet through the floor. I didn't realise I was quiet for so long because, by the time I was out of my thoughts, we ended up in the meeting room. Steve walked to the end of the table at the end of the room raising his eyebrows, he asked. "Are you alright Lara? Usually, you aren't this quiet."

"Uh... Not really, she is going to kill me." I say to him looking around before continuing "Can I call her back after you do the briefing? You and the team can all have popcorn in the living room while I pace back and forth on the phone." I ask the blue-eyed man who looks at me with concern debating whether or not he should say yes or no to my request.

He couldn't even respond to my question before all of the Avengers started piling into the room that was filled with thought. Steve only sighed nodding his head to me before turning his attention to the room that contained the room of all the Avengers. All of them sitting down in the chairs as images pop on the screen. Steve beginning to talk along with a map of the world, a red dot beeping in a rhythm.