Chapter 81- The Real Reason Why.

(Loop 22)

"Thatcher, hey, bud." I greet, opening the door while taking a sip of the beer bottle I had picked up.

"Sorry?" He responds.

"Oh, that's right, well, basically I know your name since I am stuck in a loop." I inform him.

"This is easier than we thought, she's drunk." Thatcher grins. "Let's get this over, drug her and kill the parents." He instructs.

"I took two sips, I'm not drunk." I reply, raising an eyebrow before throwing the bottle at a soldier and immediately grabbing Thatcher's gun.

"How'd you know it was the-" Thatcher tries to speak before I spam click the trigger, shooting every soldier in the head, shooting Thatcher's leg lastly.

"Already told you." I answer. "I'm stuck in a loop." I sigh, stepping over him and shutting my apartment door.

"You aren't supposed to be able to do any of that." Thatcher groans, holding onto his leg.

"Sparring matches and it's pretty easy once you figure it out the first two times." I answer him, sitting a bit away from him. "Why'd you come after me? What values do I have for Hydra?" I ask.

"Why would I reveal that information?" He responds.

"Because I can make this loop last forever." I answer, repeating this same dialogue like one of the previous loops.

"You don't have the time." He says, shifting himself against the wall.

"I have as long as it takes, I really don't care." I tell him.

"Why are you here?" Thatcher asks.

"Because of you." I answer, taking my finger off the trigger.

"What did I do to put you here?" Thatcher asks.

"I don't know." I answer shrugging my shoulders. "How'd you know that my body was going to be able to take the serums?" I question.

"There's no fun in telling you why, you'll have to find out one day but I'm not going to be the one who tells you." He says.

Putting my finger back on the trigger, I shoot his right leg forcing a grunt of pain out of him. "How?" I repeat myself.

"I'm not telling you." He says.

Shooting his right leg again, Thatcher shouts in pain. "How?" I question, my face contorting into a serious expression.

"I'm not going to tell you." Thatcher groans, holding onto his leg as he looks straight up.

Clicking in the trigger, I watch as his body shoots up, his face scrunching in pain. "Tell me." I say.

"Stop fucking shooting me!" Thatcher shouts, looking at me, his eyes turning into daggers.

"Not until you tell me why you chose me." I respond.

"Why do you want to know so bad!" He shouts.

"BECAUSE YOU TOOK MY FAMILY FROM ME! YOU GAVE ME THINGS I DIDN'T ASK FOR!" I scream at him, shooting his leg.

"YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR BEING CHOSEN BY HYDRA!" He responds, grunts weaving through his voice.

"WHY DID YOU CHOOSE ME!" I yell, standing above him.

"BECAUSE THE PROTOTYPE OF PROJECT INSIGHTS ALGORITHM TARGETED YOU AS A THREAT BUT THEN CHANGED ITS MIND!"  Thatcher shouts, looking up at the roof.

"Project Insight?" I say, my face widening.