Chapter 62- Drinks With Bubbles.

(4 days later)

"Hey, Wands, do we need anything else?" I question the Sokovian looking at the list of shopping requirements.

"Uh, we need those bigger packets of chips and what Steve calls drinks that have bubbles." She replies after a few seconds of reading the list.

"Soft drinks?" I question, rolling the shopping cart down the aisle. We were in New York because Tony said that we needed to go get groceries and since I'm joining the team, I needed to go and I needed to go with someone else.

"I think that's what he means." Wanda says, reading the list again before looking up and walking with me.

"Surprised there's no paparazzi." I joke, turning the shopping cart as we approach the end of the aisle.

"They're just annoying." She huffs. We walk towards the drink aisle, avoiding people that were exiting other aisles. "You excited for tomorrow?" She questions me, a huge smile on her face as she puts her right hand on top of my left.

"Of course, I am. Besides, after spending four days in bed, it'll feel good having a party." I reply, kissing the top of Wanda's head and focusing back on walking to the drinks.

"Hey, you spent those four days with me." Wanda scoffs, joking that she was offended.

"And those four days were amazing." I tell her... Besides when she was practically choking me with her grip because I threatened to go train with Nat. I think as I take a turn into the drink aisle.

"What was that?" Wanda questions me.

"What was what?" I ask her, confused with what she was asking me about.

"What were you thinking? I read your thought at the last second." She explains, intrigued by the rest of my thought.

"Nothing." I quickly respond, mentally face-palming myself.

"What was it?" Wanda repeats her question, now with a slightly sterner tone.

Walking down the aisle, my eyes scan for soft drinks as I think of a way to save myself. "It's just that I love you so much, that when I threatened to go training with Nat, it was a joke because I wanted you to cuddle with me more." I say, avoiding eye contact until I spot the soft drink section on the shelves. "There." I point towards it. "Did Steve say which one?" I ask her, looking through the multiple soft drinks that sat on the shelves.

"Nope." Wanda replies popping the 'p'.

"Hey, you're learning from me." I say, surprised and proud that Wanda was beginning to learn from me.

"I've been learning from you for a while." She replies, looking up and down the aisle, spotting no one, she waves her fingers. Magic flowing from her fingers through the air, entangling themselves around each one of the different soft drinks and lifting them up, levitating them into the shopping cart.

"All of them?" I question, amazed that Wanda just did that.

"One of each, better to be safe than sorry." She shrugs, kissing me on the lips and stealing the shopping cart, beginning to walk away towards the cash registers.

"She did not just kiss me and then steal the shopping cart." I mutter under my breath. "That was hot but still." I add before walking after Wanda.

Over the past four days, there haven't been any new announcements or information about Burnt Popcorn. Am I surprised? No, not really since I was tortured by him once before, I don't have anything to lose from him. He already took my parents and made Faye's life a living hell for two years so I'm not entirely scared. What I know for sure though is that I'm not going to kill him. I think it's time I left my past as my past and not killing Burnt Popcorn will help me leave it.