Chapter 49- What The Other Perspective Was Like.

"Oh, come on, you can't be serious." Yelena laughs at me.

"I'm serious." I tell her with a smile on my face.

"You're telling me that you had to pretend to be a bodyguard?" She questions.

"Yeah, and it wasn't my most fond experience." I answer as we walk to a gas station.

"Please, tell me why." Yelena requests.

"The person I'm staying with had an event and I was tailing her on the rooftops as a form of birds' eye view when I was spotted by people on the ground, officers came up to me and questioned me intensely." I inform her.

"Wait, the police didn't arrest you?" Nat questions, joining in on the conversation.

"No, they didn't." I answer.

"Imagine trying to protect someone, then getting called out by people and then getting questioned by police officers." Yelena laughs as she puts her hand on my shoulder acting like she needed to use me as a rest.

"It's not that funny." I mumble.

"Oh, yes it is. It's almost as funny as that time Maximoff flirted with you on the way to her driver's test and you froze up." Nat remarks making her and Yelena laugh even harder.

"I didn't freeze up, I just said the first remark that came to my mind and it happened to be that." I defend myself.

"Holy shit, you're horrible at dating." Yelena says as she calms down from her laughing fit.

"Thanks, that makes me feel great about my chances with Wanda." I joke, rolling my eyes.

"We're here." Nat says as we approach the gas station. "Since the Red Room's active, where is it?" She questions Yelena as she steps into the store.

"I have no idea. He moves location constantly. And every widow is sedated on entry and exit for maximum security." Yelena answers her, taking items off the medical shelf.

"I'm just finding it hard to believe that he could stay off my radar." Nat sighs.

"Well, it's not a good idea to attack members of the Avengers if you're trying to hide, the clue is in the name. Dreykov kills you, one of the big ones comes to avenge you." Yelena shrugs.

"Wait, what are the big ones?" Nat asks.

"Well, I doubt the god from space has to take an ibuprofen after a fight. Where did you think I was all this time?" Yelena asks. "Hey, Lara do you need anything?" She questions me.

"Nope, I have healing powers." I say, walking away to sit outside the shop, letting the two sisters have their conversation without me eavesdropping.

After 3 years, I saw Rigger again. Guaranteed, it was just like a 3-second look but I saw him, I know it was him. Now, I need to help Nat and Yelena find the red room and kill Dreykov and Rigger all at one time. I'm not letting him run away.

I'm broken out of my thoughts by Yelena speaking. "That thing that you do when you're fighting, when you whip your when you're fighting with your arm and hair." Yelena says as she begins laughing. "It's a... It's a fighting pose." She says. I look around the corner, towards the two noticing that Yelena was crouched above the ground. "You're a total poser." She tells Nat laughing.

"I'm not a poser." Nat responds, looking down at her with a small smirk on her face.

"Oh, come on. I mean, they're great poses." Yelena says, getting up off the ground. "But it does look like you think everyone's looking at you, like, all the time." She mocks.

I tune myself out of their conversation, getting lost in my thoughts again.

__________________________________