Chapter 18- Being Thrown Through Fog.

The jet had touched down on the ground after 30 hours of flying, this was not going to be fun. I mean, the fact that I have to run through heavy fog was a downside. At least I wouldn't be seen by soldiers And I would have the jump on them.

"Everyone knows their mission. Tony will take down the Hydra base like before and Lara will try to find the Maximoff girl while the rest of us deal with the soldiers on the ground. This mission is going to be a bit harder but if we play this correctly then we will have the advantage on the Hydra base, keep an eye out for the Maximoff boy and if anyone does see the Maximoff girl then you tell Lara. Oh, and Clint try not to get shot again." Steve states as he walks out the back of the jet.

"Thanks, Cap for you singling me out as if Lara wasn't shot on the previous two missions." Clint complains to Steve as he steps with Natasha.

"Shhh, it's okay old birdie." Nat simply says to him nudging his shoulder.

Bucky comes up to me while I was looking out the back of the jet watching the figures disappear into the fog. "You've got this Lara, if it was anyone else they wouldn't trust us but it seems like the girl wants to believe you but she needs more proof." He says to me putting his right arm over my shoulder and giving me a side hug.

"Yeah, you're right. I can do this." I say to him as I start warming myself up and exiting the jet.

I walk towards the fog, waving to the others that were starting to exit the jet. Turning around, I start to pick up a jog as I enter the heavy fog trying to find any sign of the Maximoff girl.

Was I going to die? Maybe. Was I going to be injured after this? Definitely. Will I have succeeded in my plan to make the girl believe me a bit more so she could tell her brother and get them to leave Hydra? Maybe... No, I was sure that my plan was going to work.

I had to be careful since there was a drop into the water that surrounded the island. now that I think about it, if I got launched into the water by Maximoff I was going to be so mad and impressed that she had the balls to launch me off the cliff.

I picked up my jog into a sprint as I heard radio chatter beside me and the sounds of metal clanging against something, which was most likely Steve.

Running through the fog as I heard the radio chatter get louder, I pulled out one of my knives getting ready to do a drive-by as they would say.

I saw the person in front of me looking to the side and not at me, I ran up to them and pulled their arms forward causing them to lose their balance and stumble forward, I stabbed the knife into his stomach as he fell onto it.

He released a blood-curdling scream that definitely alerted the birds that had been in the fog if there were any. It would've also alerted the rest of the soldiers, quickly I pulled the knife out and pulled his body up causing him to release another scream. I brought the knife up to his neck and slit it as his body released all tension and flopped to the floor with a thud.

"Crane, are you okay?" I heard someone say from the radio that rested on his right shoulder, I picked it off his body hearing the voice speak again. "Crane? Are you there?" I brought the radio up to my face holding it in front of my mouth and clicking in the side of it so I could speak.

"This isn't Crane." I said into the radio waiting for a response as I looked around staying alert for any movement.

"Who are you?" The voice from the radio spoke again confused as to who was speaking.

"Where is Wanda Maximoff?" I spoke into the radio with a stern tone ignoring the person's question and wanting mine answered.

"She isn't here." The voice spoke up again but it wasn't with full confidence, it was more like it was worried and scared as to what I would want with her.