Chapter 26- All They Had To Do Was Have Faith.

A/N: quick Little note. Thank you to everyone who has added this book to their Reading Lists. It means a lot. Enjoy the chapter. :)

(Wanda's Pov)

I had spent my first day at the Avengers compound by myself sitting in my room watching the first season of The Office. I was on season 2 but I ended up stopping and falling asleep, my mind wandered to the Twiney girl on my floor and what her sister said to me.

Her sister told me that Lara liked me but it was most likely a joke. I still couldn't get over the fact that Lara had wanted to help Pietro and I, she proved that she wasn't lying or dangerous. I felt bad for what I saw in her past, I saw the way they had brutalized her parents and the things they did trying to break her down.

I was worried about her because she seemed like she tried to hide those parts of her past down into the deepest hole she could find and bury it, thinking that it would allow her to move on. Faye only looked at her, and she could tell that Hydra changed her, I couldn't say that I wasn't curious about the thought that although Lara and Faye were sisters. They felt like they were cold and distant from each other especially Lara, it was like Faye had said something to her that made Lara upset and distant.

The blood Lara had on her, I had guessed that it was a bullet wound from the jet she said that Hydra sent after Pietro and I but if that was the case she couldn't have healed it that fast unless she had abilities that went past her teleporting.

"I'm sorry to interrupt you Ms. Maximoff but Ms. Twiney is requesting you in the kitchen as it is 2pm, and she wants you to eat." Jarvis states, breaking me out of my train of thought and back to reality.

"Thank you, Jarvis." I say into the air as I get out of my bed and walk to the door, opening it. The scent of food that I couldn't identify overloading my sense of smell. I shut my door lightly and walk to the open kitchen. "Hi." I say nervously, Lara turning to me a second after.

"Hey, I made lasagna for lunch, I know you're hungry because you skipped breakfast." She replies to me with a soft smile, turning around and picking up two plates. "We'll eat on the couch." She informs me as she walks to the coffee table and places the food on the table.

"How do you know I skipped breakfast?" I question her, I mean she wasn't wrong but the only reason I didn't eat was because I was asleep.

"I have been out here all day and your thoughts just confirmed that you skipped it." Lara replies to me as she sits down and starts eating.

I do the same, we both sat there for a minute in an awkward silence for some reason. It wasn't calm or nice like it was with her sister. "My sister said something to me." Lara states breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Are you going to keep staying in my head?" I question her, slightly annoyed about her continuously reading my thoughts and not being able to hold back her powers.

"I'm sorry but you think a lot and I'm not able to control my powers sometimes." She replies, turning her attention to me.

"Did you really just sass me?" I question her with an offended tone.

"I did?" She questions me, confused at how I reacted.

"Never mind." I state, turning my attention back to the food.

The silence came back but was more awkward than before, I didn't want to break it but I wanted to ask her a question. "I know you have something you want to ask me and for your clarification, I'm not reading your mind." Lara states, not looking at me but eating her food.

I take a bite of the lasagna and finishing it before asking her the question I had. "Do you visit them... Your parents?" I question. "It's a heavy question, you don't have to answer." I continue, trying to not make the air heavy but doing the exact opposite.