Chapter 44- Finally Talking About The Problem.

I finish stitching my wound and cut the string as I place the scissors on the ground next to the roll of thread. I visited the pharmacy 10 minutes ago, no one said anything about me which is surprising but I probably looked weird since I was hunched over trying to hide the blood that was slowly dripping out.

"Oh my god, that stings." I groan as I lay back on the roof.

I need to get my car from Faye, so I'm able to drive to the Compound but I don't want people to report my location to the news, so I'm constantly being chased. Not only that but everyone would be staring at me.

I sit up slowly and push myself up. "Time to climb down a ladder." I mutter as I limp over to it.

I turn around and grip the top of the ladder, beginning to make my way down, releasing a hiss with each step-down. "Why did I have to get stabbed in the gut?" I ask myself as I get to the bottom of the ladder and step onto the concrete ground.

I was thrown through a glass window, fell from a 1-story drop, was stabbed by the person I was supposed to go on a date with, and I was chased by the news. I can't believe I managed to escape and that my wound wasn't infected by the garbage bag that I placed on top of myself.

I release a groan as I begin limping back to Faye's cafe. "I knew Wanda would be angry. But, god. Why do the injuries I get from her have to hurt so much more than normal ones?" I say, taking a breath between each word.

I retrace my steps and place my hand on the wall using it as a support. How did I transform a glass shard into a dart and then into a knife if I can't even teleport or heal fast? My powers shouldn't work.

"Maybe she's over here." I hear one of the news crew's voices come from around a corner behind me.

Why the fuck are they still searching here? Who in their right mind continues searching for someone they lost over 20 minutes ago? I shake my head and begin limping towards a turn in the alley, so I wouldn't be spotted.

"Can we give up? She's gone, we won't find her." I hear someone beg in between breaths.

"No, we'll get fired if we go back without finding her!" A man shouts.

"But sir, she's probably long gone. I mean it's been twenty minutes." A female responds.

I waste no time and speed limp to Faye's cafe, I muffle my grunts of pain to the best of my ability and hold my left hand over my gut.

"Shhhh! Do you hear that?" Someone speaks, forcing me to slow down and take another turn towards the Cafe.

"Hear what?" Someone responds but it gets quieter the further I move.

Soon their voices turn to light muffled noises. "Thank the Lord." I sigh in relief as I exit the alleyway and onto the street.

I begin walking to Faye's cafe, subduing my grunts and limps, trying not to attract the attention of random bystanders. The glass from the window crunches under my feet. I turn my head towards the cafe to see everyone already staring at me, I raise my right hand off my gut and awkwardly wave.

I limp through the front door of the cafe, placing my right hand back on my gut. I walk to the register. "Can I see Faye Twiney? I need to talk to her." I tell the cashier.

"Uh, she's- uh, not here right now." The person stuttered.

"I'm her sister." I bluntly say as I tap the front desk and flash the cashier a smile.

"Let me go get her." They inform me nervously, the cashier quickly walks away not wanting to spend any more time with me.

I turn around, looking at the shop full of people that were already looking at me. "She doesn't have to be so scared." I tell them with a shrug.