Chapter 100- The Streets Of NYC.

(2 days later.)

"Lara, time to get up." Bucky's voice reaches my ears, my body having been shaken lightly.

"What do you want dude?" I ask, releasing a groan as I raise my hands to my face.

"We're supposed to go patrol the streets of NYC today." He states.

"That's now?" I huff, forcing myself to sit up.

"Yes, it is. Also, why are you sleeping on the couch?" He asks me, his eyebrow raised.

"I was too tired to make it to my bed." I answer, standing up and stretching my arms as I release a yawn. "Let me go change into my suit and wash my face." I tell him, making my way into my room and shutting the door behind me.

Stepping into my closet, I grab the black suit Sam made me, throwing it onto my bed as I take off my clothes. Walking to my bed, I grab the suit, sliding it onto my body, making sure it's comfortable before entering my bathroom.

"I'm just gonna go barebones." I mutter to myself, looking at myself in the mirror, turning my face. Turning on the cold water, I cup a handful, splashing it into my face, repeating it 3 times. Turning the sink off, I grab a hand towel and dry my face.

Releasing a breath, I place the hand towel back on its hanger before exiting the bathroom, grabbing my wallet and taking out $20.

Walking to my bedroom door, I grab the door handle, twisting it as I open the door. "You look ready." I say to Bucky.

"I've been ready since 7am." He states from the couch, his suit already on as he turns his head towards me.

"Well, I'm ready now." I tell him, walking around the couch and grabbing my phone from the coffee table.

"Sam made that?" He questions, his voice confused.

"Something wrong with it?" I question, placing my stuff into the suit's pockets and zipping them up.

"It doesn't look very bulletproof." He says.

"It's not meant to be, I've always worn suits like this. Plus, I'm more mobile in and Sam implemented features into it." I state.

"What kind of features fit into a suit like that?" Bucky questions.

"Features that you might see if I have to use them." I say, walking towards him. "Enough wasting time, I gotta teleport us. Did Tony say how long we have to patrol?" I ask him, grabbing his arm.

"He said at least 4 hours." He answers.

"Cool." I respond, my blood accelerating as I teleport Bucky and I to New York City.

"Jesus, it really is instantaneous." He responds, blinking repetitively as he looks around.

"Yeah, you'll get used to it if you teleport with me." I tell him, looking around, people roamed the streets, some exiting stores while some sat at benches, either waiting for a bus or just sitting down. Cars drove up and down the street, always having that 1 impatient person who honks at someone for no reason.

"Which way do you want to go?" I question Bucky. "Or do you want North or South NYC?"

"I'll go this way, whichever this way is." He says, pointing behind him.

"Okay, we'll meet up at Central Park after?" I ask him.

"Yeah, we'll meet there." Bucky states, nodding his head.

"Have fun, I'll see you later." I tell him, turning around and walking the opposite way from him, raising my hand and waving goodbye. Making my way down the street, I release a yawn, pulling out one of my airpods and connecting it to my phone before putting it in my ear.