Chapter 94- What's More Dangerous?

"Lara, wake up." A voice repeats as my body shakes back and forth.

"Five more minutes." I groan, turning my face into my bed.

"Wake up, it's important." The voice speaks, shaking me aggressively.

Releasing a loud groan, I turn onto my back, opening my eyes. "What?" I question, irritated still not having seen who woke me up.

"Tony needs you in the meeting room." They answer, my eye finally focusing on them recognising them as Steve.

"Now?" I question, placing my hands on my face.

"Yeah, there's also someone else." He informs me.

"Thanks for telling me." I sigh, teleporting from my room to the meeting room, my fluffy bed becoming replaced by hard flooring.

"Lara?" Tony's voice fills my ears.

"I'm here." I yawn, removing my hands from my face and sitting up. "What do you need?" I ask, covering my mouth as I yawn again.

"Stand up." He sighs, looking at me with a look of seriousness.

"Okay." I reply, pushing myself up to my feet.

"This is secretary of the state General Ross." Tony states, gesturing his arm to the other side of the room.

My eyes flicker over, a man in a suit with grey hair sitting in a seat. "Hey." I wave, looking back at Tony. "What did you call me here for?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"He called you here because I need to know whether you are a threat or not." The man who Stark called Ross speaks, dragging my attention towards him.

"Can you clarify?" I question.

"The president wants to know whether or not you are a threat to this nation." He repeats, pointing towards the screen on my left.

Information about me scattered throughout it. It contained things like the incident with the truck on the highway almost a year ago, a video of me grabbing Quister before teleporting, paragraphs of what I've been doing the past couple of months and more but the main thing that stayed dead centre in the screen was a video of Thatcher and I fighting on the street.

"That is everything we've managed to gather on you." Ross states.

"Is this some kind of threat?" I question, looking at him.

"No, I came here to just ask whether you're a hazard or not." He clarifies, shaking his head.

"Hazard?" I ask.

"Yes. For almost the past year you have been in situations that have caused danger or harm to innocent people. For example, the building that exploded when you were announced as an Avenger. Many people were injured during that explosion some even dead. On the street when you were fighting whoever this is, you could have injured even more innocent people but you didn't seem to mind, so the only question I must ask is are you dangerous?" He questions, folding his arms as he stared at me anticipating a response.

"I helped during that explosion, I killed that guy because he was going to cause more chaos if he was left unchecked and the government seemed not to care, I put their safety before my own. Hell, my own girlfriend was more important than anything before what this video shows." I reply, my expression annoyed with how he seemed to have an ego bigger than Stark.