Chapter 19- You Haven't Accepted The Past.

"All right team I have the explosives placed. Lara, where are you?" I hear Tony's voice come through my comms but I'm unable to answer him as I am having a stare down with the Sokovian girl in front of me.

"Get out of here." I tell her, her expression changing to confusion before regaining her focused and tense expression. "Tony has placed explosives throughout the base underneath us, get out of here. If you want to believe me about Hydra, we will be attacking their final base 3 days from now. If you want proof that Hydra isn't helping the world, find me and bring your brother." I continue telling her as I soften my expression towards her,
Proving that I'm not lying to her.

She stared at me, scanning my face to see if there was any sign of me lying to her but coming up with nothing. She hesitantly nodded and stepped back into the fog, her powers fading as it merged with the heavy fog.

"Lara? You wanna answer my question?" Tony asks into the comms again his voice beginning to become a bit concerned.

I raised my hand to the comms and clicked on it."What do you want Rusty? I was in the middle of something with Maximoff." I said into it, not taking my eyes off where the Maximoff girl had left.

"Well, while you were talking to your girlfriend I had gotten the explosives ready so start making your way back to the jet." He replied playfully to me, did he remember where we were? We are in a heavy fog with basically no vision.

"Which is where? We are in the fog, so I can't exactly find it." I replied into the comms still staring into the fog.

"It's on your left Lara." Sam replies to my question.

"Damn it, he beat me by one second." Tony replied into the comms making me chuckle as I took my eyes off of where Maximoff's body once stood.

"Come on, I want to go home. Don't break anything on your way back to the jet." I hear Nat's voice come from the comms. Man, everyone loves to join in on conversations.

I started limping back towards the jet due to the pain that the Maximoff girl had caused to me. This hurts so much, it's like my leg is broken but in reality, it's perfectly fine besides the pain that was shooting through it.

"Well. Clearly, you've never made an omelette." Tony responds in a snarky matter to the Russian.

"That's it no more jokes about food, Stark." I reply into the comms silencing the grunts of pain that attempted to escape my lips.

"Stop trying to egg him on Lara." I hear Clint join the conversation, damn it. Why does everyone on the team have to enjoy food puns?

"The next person who makes a food-related joke, I will turn them into one." I say into the comms as I continue to limp towards the way that Tony said the quinjet was sat.

"That is when you figure out how to make someone into food." Steve says into the comms replying to my open-handed threat.

I sighed in response as I started to reach the fog's border. I managed to see the outline of the jet so I started to suppress the groans and grunts that my body wanted to release as well as hide the limp that my body had sustained. I know that I don't need to hide it since I'm with a team of people that always charge into missions that risk them getting hurt to save the world but I don't need them to worry about me and push back the attack on Hydra's final base that I want to happen.

"I see the jet." I said into the comms as I made my way out of the heavy fog and towards the jet.

Stepping onto the jet I see everyone seated and ready to go, Clint was in the cockpit getting ready to take the quinjet back to the tower.