Chapter 46- Ain't No Town Like Flip Town.

(Lara's Pov)
(8 months later)

I release a groan of pain. "Ow, you could've gone easier on that slam." I say, standing back up.

"You said to me that you wanted to go no holding back." Sam smirks at me as we circle each other on the mat.

"The mat still hurts." I whine.

"Get used to it, you asked me five months ago to help you train. I remember you showing up to the apartment building and asking me if I want to train with you." He says in a teasing tone.

"And I don't regret it." I say, charging him in a spear tackle.

We both slam against the mat as I quickly stand up and swing my right foot into Sam's chest. "Nope." Sam huffs as he catches my foot and stands up with it in his left hand.

I bounce on my one foot. "Oh, come on." I whine. "Welp, there ain't no town like flip town." I huff as I flip myself sideways, bringing up my foot and connecting it with Sam's head.

Sam lets go of my foot, stumbling backwards as he holds his head stunned. "Wow, that's new." He says.

"Not really." I shrug my shoulders.

"Stop giving me room to breathe, you said you wanted it to be as realistic as possible when you fight Rigger." He says, shaking his head to refocus himself.

"Fine." I tell him. "Come at me." I taunt.

"You asked for it." He shrugs, stepping towards me.

Sam connects his fist with my chest and hits my stomach with his knee forcing me to back up. "Come on Lara." He taunts me again. Sam kicks my left knee, pushing it backwards. "Where's that fire?" He questions me, punching my spine and making me fall into the mat with a thud.

I release a groan of pain. "Ow." I look up at him before looking down and pushing up on my arms.

"Nope." Sam says lifting his foot, placing it on my back and harshly pushing down.

My body collides with the mat. "My god." I huff.

"Remember, you asked for this." He reminds me.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I respond. "I hope you know that I'm so putting you on an island after this." I joke.

"Can it please be Hawaii?" He begs with a child-like giddiness.

I flip myself from under his foot and grab his foot, sliding myself around it and sweeping his feet, he slams against the ground. I quickly stand up, using it to my advantage. "I'm disappointed Sam Gatlin." I smirk.

"That was a fast one." He says, nodding his head slightly.

"I've been getting better." I respond to him.

Sam tries sweeping my feet from under me but isn't fast enough as I jump up and put my hand to the roof, placing my fingertips on it and transforming them to be attached to the concrete roof making him miss. "I'm not falling for that again." I tell him.

"Yeah, but now you have to unstick yourself from the roof." Sam chuckles as he stands up and looks at me. "I don't think you thought this through fully." He says, closing his hand into a fist. "You're basically a punching bag now, a meaty one but a punching bag nonetheless." He jokes.

"Yeah, just one problem." I say, hanging in the air

"What?" He says readying his stance.

"I'm smart." I tell him with confidence.

"This says otherwise." He says about to punch.

"Yolo." I say into the air as I lift my legs up, wrap them around his neck, changing my arm from concrete to normal and using the sudden momentum to my advantage by launching my weight down and flipping Sam like a catapult, I land on top of him. "That felt nice." I grin from above him.