Chapter 89- Wrapped Neatly In A Yellow Envelope.

A/N: Thanks for 1.58k reads <3

"Bruce? You wanted to see me." I say, entering his lab.

"One second Lara!" Bruce yells from a different room.

"Take your time!" I shout back, walking over to a seat and falling down onto it.

"Let me just grab what I wanted to tell you." Bruce states, entering the room, jogging over to his desk.

"Take your time Bruce, I'm not going anywhere." I tell him, watching as he slows down his pace.

"Sorry about the wait." He apologises, picking up a yellow envelope from his desk.

"It's fine, I went to go buy a new phone to pass the time." I reply.

"In here are Wanda's results from the CT scan as well as some other tests that I ran." He informs me, walking over to me and handing me the envelope. "I can explain everything in there to you if you want me to right now." He says.

"Is it good or bad?" I question, looking down at the envelope that sat in my hands.

"Which would you rather?" He asks, his tone layered with the answer that there wasn't anything good.

"There isn't, good to know." I respond, my gaze fixated on the opening slit.

"I already told Pietro about her state." Bruce tells me, his voice low and his tone upsetting.

"Where is he?" I question, placing my finger under the slit, using my nail to disconnect the glue from both sides.

"In his room." He answers.

Lifting up the top of the envelope, I slide my hand in, grabbing what was in it before sliding it back out.

Wanda's CT scan becoming the first thing that fills my sight. "Would you like me to explain or to leave you to read this yourself?" Bruce asks.

"Explain it to me." I reply, placing everything on the top of the envelope before placing it on my lap, a fMRI scan being tapped by Bruce.

"As you can see on the magnetic resonance imaging, her brain is completely greyed out compared to someone else's brain which has consistent activity and has colours depending on the state. Wanda's brain is completely grey, nothing is going on inside, she's alive but there's no activity." He explains.

"Meaning she's in a coma." I speak, looking up at him. "She's in one isn't she?" I ask, my expression becoming monotone.

"Yes." He sighs. "My tests analysed that the shocks that Thatcher had delivered to her, had ended up sending her powers into overdrive and out of her control forcing them to commit to a certain task."

"To trap me in my subconscious." I say, moving the scan to the bottom of the pile. "What's this?" I question looking at another scan, it was Wanda's whole body pictured thermally but everything was greyed out.

"That was a scan I ran of her to see the activity of her powers, now normally it would be coloured, if you look at the picture underneath it, that one is from the scan I took from when she first joined." He says, pointing at the paper.

"What does that mean?" I ask him, picking up the scan and moving it to the side revealing the other scan. Everything was thermal imaged displaying that everything was yellow and green.

"It means that her powers aren't working, they aren't flowing throughout her brain." He answers. "My hypothesis is that the machine forced her to exert an overabundance amount of her power which in turn has ended up placing herself into a state of self-hibernation in order to let her powers rejuvenate to their once formed state."