Chapter 97- Midnight Conversation.

(3 days later)

Releasing a deep breath, I sit up, cracking my back before stretching my arms. "Hey, Lara." Bruce greets, walking into the room.

"Hey." I respond, leaning my back in the seat. "Is she any better?" I ask him, looking at Wanda.

Bruce sighs, shaking his head slightly before speaking. "I ran the same tests like you wanted me to but there's been no change."

"At least she isn't getting worse." I say, bouncing my right foot.

"I'm sure she'll wake up in less than a year." He informs me, a soft smile on his face as he speaks.

"We can only hope." I reply, raising my hands to my eyes and rubbing around them.

"I'll leave you two alone now." Bruce states, handing me the results he got before leaving the room and heading to his lab.

Removing my hands from my head, I drop them onto the armrests. "You gotta start getting better, I don't even know how long it's been since you went into this coma." I sigh.

Silence overtakes the room. Shutting my eyes, I recall what I've done the past few days. I haven't really slept, every time I went to I could never fall asleep. I only slept when my body just couldn't keep going which is usually at 3-4pm. Currently, it was 2pm so I wouldn't be surprised if I fell asleep. As if I summoned it. My thoughts begin dozing off, my lack of sleep grasping me as I feel my thoughts fade into nothing and my muscles relax.

__________________________________

(10 hours later)

My mind jumpstarts itself, my eyes opening to a pitch-black room. I could feel that I was still in the chair, moving my arms, I reach into my pocket, pulling my phone out and turning it on. The brightness blinding me as it fills my vision. "Ow." I say, turning my phone away from myself as I adjust the brightness and turn on its flashlight.

Standing up from the seat, I maneuver to the door, pointing the flashlight at Wanda, her body still laid in the same position.

My face falls, slightly before I step over to her, leaning down and kissing her forehead.

Walking back to the door, I open it at a snail's pace before I exit the room, the hallway lights were turned off as well, by this point I wouldn't be surprised if every light was off. Pointing my flashlight down both ways of the hallway, It was completely empty, no sounds were coming from any rooms.

Lightly stepping down the hallway, I open the doors to the living room with the same pace that I did the med bay before slipping in and shutting the door behind me. The lights were off here as well, meaning everyone who was awake is probably asleep or on their floor. "Can't sleep Twiney?" Bucky's voice comes from the couch.

My body shooting up in shock, spinning around and pointing the flashlight into his eyes. "What the fuck are you doing in pitch black?" I question, talking loud enough so he could just hear me.

"I'm trying to sleep." He replies his voice quieter than before, putting his hands in front of his eyes.

"You have a room with a king-sized bed for that." I tell him, walking around the couch and pointing the flashlight to the roof.

"I just felt that the couch was more comfortable." He shrugs, placing a pillow behind his back. "You never answered me, can't sleep?" He repeats, his eyebrows raised.

"I just woke up." I tell him. "I was sitting by Wanda the entire time and fell asleep at 2pm." I explain, sitting down on the opposite end of him.

"What are you going to do for like 7 hours since that's when the sun will most likely rise." Bucky asks, leaning back into the pillow.