Chapter 99- Another Visit.

"Let me get this straight, instead of staying as the concrete roof texture, you transformed yourself back to your normal skin?" Nat questions.

"I was clunking around when I was concrete." I tell her, shrugging my shoulders.

"But you can teleport." Pietro states. "That would be like me running around at a normal pace."

"Were you there?" I ask either of them. "I did what I did and yes I may have been shot but I still put a stop to them." I continue.

"I mean we're just confused as to why you would change your skin tone back." Nat says. "At least you had an eventful day."

"Did you not do anything?" I ask.

"No." She responds, changing the TV station.

"You realise that you can do whatever you want, you don't have to constantly train or stay in the compound." I tell her.

"How? We're so far that by the time I get to a place like New York City or New Jersey, it's already 5pm." She replies, placing the remote next to her.

"So? Just go earlier." Pietro speaks.

"You're over exaggerating, it only takes a maximum of 3 hours to drive to NYC." I add on.

"You're both annoying. Not everyone's like you two. We can't just be there in an instant." Nat responds, not humoured by Pietro and I.

"That seems like a you problem." I tell her, a grin appearing on my face.

"Haha, so funny." Nat replies, rolling her eyes.

"Thanks, I consider myself to be a comedian." I say, my grin spreading wider.

"Well, you're a bad one in that case." She states.

"Ow, you didn't have to be so mean." I tell her, placing my hand over my heart.

"Aw, did I hurt your feelings?" Nat questions in a baby voice. "I'm sorry, I didn't think it'd hurt that much." She says, a smirk now growing on her face.

"Now you're just bullying me." I tell her, crossing my arms like a child.

"Lara, I heard about what you did in Nebraska, good job but that doesn't mean you're getting off patrol duty with Emo Man." Tony interjects as he enters the room and makes his way to the kitchen.

"Thank you, Tony. Plus I had a feeling I wasn't going to be let off." I huff.

"Just making it clear that you're still going." He states, entering the kitchen.

"Oh no, you have to go out to NYC that's horrible." Nat says, her voice filled with sarcasm.

"You're so envious that I can go there at any time. Do you want me to teleport you there tomorrow?" I question, raising my eyebrow.

"Pfft, no, I'm not envious plus like you said I can drive there." Nat denies, waving her hand at me.

"Sure, whatever you say." Pietro responds, laughing to himself.

"I'm here to teleport if you need me, I'm just gonna put it out there." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"You save your energy for when you have to teleport Bucky and yourself." She replies, putting her attention back on the TV.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I unlock it. I haven't been messaged by Sam, Faye or Olsen and I didn't want to disturb them, the main thing I needed to do is stay awake until later in the day.

Covering my mouth, I release a yawn. "Tired already? It's only 4pm." Nat questions.

"I couldn't sleep last night, I'm trying to stay up so I don't get trapped in a wake up at night and sleep at day sleep cycle." I answer, logging onto Instagram and beginning to scroll through my feed.