Chapter 88- Finally Relaxing.

Shifting in the chair that I was sitting in, I twist the bracelet around my hand. I had been sitting next to Wanda, she was still unconscious but had been transferred to the medical room by Bruce for a check-up. Tony forced me to take a shower and get all the blood off before I could go to the medical bay. Bruce had taken a CT scan after I had explained what Thatcher had been doing to her. He's been outside the room for 30 minutes now.

The sound of the door opening instantly takes me out of my thoughts, my eyes darting to who had entered. "Hey, Lara." Tony greets, entering the room and shutting the door behind him.

"Hey." I reply, slightly disappointed that it wasn't Bruce who had entered the room.

"Still hasn't woken?" He asks, his eyes looking at Wanda.

"Not yet." I sigh, still twisting the bracelet around my wrist.

Tony gives me a remorseful look, nodding at me before walking over and sitting down in a chair on the opposite side of Wanda. "How long has it been?" He queries.

"Ever since she used her powers to free me from Thatcher's grip." I answer, looking down at the floor.

"Teleporting back to the Compound and then immediately to Thatcher by yourself wasn't smart." Tony states.

"It was a risk that was worth taking to me." I respond, looking up at him.

"Even if it was, it helped her. You got her out of that machine faster than any of us." He says.

"I got trapped in my subconscious for two hours." I tell him. "I was stuck while she was stuck to that machine."

"You still helped her, that's all that matters." He repeats.

"I could've helped her faster if I actually knew how to use my powers." I reply.

"Lara, you have control of your powers now, you were able to help Wanda, you stopped Thatcher, without you all of that would've been way harder. I don't even think that we would've had the Maximoff twins join us." Tony says, his eyes looking from me to Wanda. "I'm proud of you for being able to do all of that by yourself."

Looking up at Tony, he cuts me off before I'm able to reply. "The world is going to need more people to look up to when they're in dire need of assistance and you're one of them. It doesn't matter if some people don't approve of you. All that matters is you're there to help them."

"You and my Dad are scarily alike." I chuckle lightly, wiping the edge of my eye from a tear that had built up.

"Great minds think alike." Tony smiles before standing up. "I'll leave you two alone." He says, walking to the door.

"Where's Pietro?" I ask him before he's able to leave.

"In his room, he wanted to give you and her some alone time." Tony answers.

"Oh, okay, thanks for the answer." I say, smiling at Tony as I watch him leave the room.

Releasing a groan, I lean back in the chair, not wanting to have to get up and go all the way to Pietro. "Hey Jarvis, where's Bruce?" I question, looking away from the door to the roof.

"Bruce is currently in his office going over results." The A.I answers.

"Cool, tell him to come find me when he gets the results." I say, getting up from the chair and walking to the door.

"Very well, Ms. Twiney." Jarvis responds.

Opening the door, I step out, shutting the door behind me before beginning to walk to the elevator.

"Hey, Lara." Nat greets as I enter the living room.

"Hey, I'm gonna go tell Pietro he can spend time with Wanda, if you need me, I'll either be in my room, chilling with Bucky or somewhere outside the Compound." I inform her, walking towards the elevator.