Chapter 24- Visiting Past Memories.

(⚠️Trigger warning for the chapter⚠️)

(A/N: Sorry for not getting this out sooner like normal but I got a cold which gave me a migraine everytime I tried editing plus it doesn't help this chapter was 6440 words long. Uploads will go back to normal hopefully but since this is so long, I won't upload a chapter tomorrow anyway. Thanks for the patience and I hope you enjoy.)

The rest of the jet ride was awkward and quiet. No one said a word, no one shared glances or looks. The only thing you could hear was the sound of people shuffling their position.

Clint sighed from the front of the jet. "Alright team. We are dropping into Iqualuit, let's all be ready and let's take down this final base." He says from his seat.

"We all know our missions. This is going to be one of the best accomplishments we have done since 2012. The enhanced are going to be with Lara so we have nothing to worry about." Steve said standing up and putting his shield on his arm.

I grimaced at the word 'enhanced'. That word makes it sound like you aren't a human. I stood up, got out of my chair, reached into a little storage cabinet and pulled out two knives as well as my phone and put it into one of the pockets my suit has. Getting out of the jet, I step into the crisp and cold weather.

I see Thor and Tony fly off, I forgot Thor was with us. Steve runs off towards the base as alarm sirens go off, Nat runs off after Steve while Clint runs in a different direction so he can provide cover fire from a distance, Hulk roars and starts running to the rough area where the base is located. Me on the other hand? I walk towards the battlefield waiting for the sounds of gunfire and screams going off.

"Alright, let's spread some jam on the snow and take down some of the soldiers before I focus on the base itself." Tony speaks into the comms, his voice full of excitement.

"Lara, if the twins come up to us will they attack?" I hear Steve's voice come through along with a grunt.

"Maybe. Definitely Stark but I'm not sure." I reply as I start running through the snow-covered battlefield.

"Let us finish Hydra and cut the final head off!" Thor's voice boom through the comms, I look to my left, laughing as I see Thor summon lightning and see the soldiers around him stop firing, stare at him for a second before trying to scurry off but only to look like a cat holding onto a mouse toying with it.

"There isn't much cover so we have to be careful." Nat says panting from having to run after a super soldier.

"Sam, if you get eyes on the Maximoff tell me." I say as I run up to two soldiers who were running at me with swords.

"I have a heat signature of two people down below trying to make their way to the surface. It looks like they aren't trying to be spotted. So, my guess would be that's them." He replies to me as he flies over the base doing a crisscross motion with Rhodey.

One of the soldiers lunge at me resulting in me missing the correct time to dodge and having the sword clink on the knives that were on my belt. HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS SO CLOSE.

The other swings but I slide under just in time seeing my face's reflection in the sword's light. I get up and turn around, getting ready to fight without my knives which isn't smart but I'm stubborn.

I wave my hand motioning the two to come at me. They both abide and start charging me swinging their swords at the same time one going high and one low keeping an open space in the middle. I change my stance and wait a bit longer then dive through the middle of the two swords before they swing, I roll as I hit the ground to smoothen my landing not wanting to slip and make a fatal mistake.