Chapter 65- Having The Present Snatched From The Past.

I crash through a window, slamming against a hard wooden floor and rolling against it as my back hits the wall. "Lara!" Bucky's voice comes through the earpiece.

I groan in pain, my skin changing from metal back to normal. "I'm here."

"What about Wanda?" He asks, slightly calmer.

"I've covered her, she's fine." I groan, pushing myself up off the floor. "Jarvis, where am I?" I question, looking around the room.

"You are in the apartment complex across the street." Jarvis responds.

"Great." I huff.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." A different voice speaks into the comms. "Three years and you still can't use your powers." The person speaks, their voice ringing through my head, hitting every red flag.

"Shit." I say, looking for the front door and rushing to it.

"It's a shame that you failed to get Wanda Maximoff out of the building before the explosion." Burnt Popcorn sighs disappointingly.

"Don't you dare touch her!" I raise my voice, unlocking the locks and opening the door.

"I don't think you have a choice on what I do." He responds.

"Jarvis, does this place have a fire exit at the roof?" I question, debating whether or not to go up.

"Yes, Ms. Twiney." Jarvis answers.

"I remember when we brought you in, you were destined for greatness, you were going to change the world." Burnt Popcorn says.

"I was never going to change the world for you, I was never gonna change the world for Hydra." I remark, lacing my words with venom as I sprint up the stairs.

"Oh, but you were. You're still going to." He responds, his voice coiled in a sinister tone.

After making it all the way up the stairs, a door sat at the end of the hallway. "I will never work for you." I say, sprinting into the door and shoulder charging it open, fresh air overtook my nose, the tall smoking building sat across the street in front of me. "Jarvis, how high up am I and how far is this jump?" I ask, approaching the ledge of the building and looking down.

"You are forty-five stories up. Ms. Maximoff is on floor fifty. The jump is thirty feet away" Jarvis responds.

"The world is about to see you for what you were meant to be, we'll see each other again soon, but... For now, I'm going to be taking my leave and taking Maximoff with me." Burnt Popcorn says with a foreboding tone before rustling and a crunch is heard.

"Ms. Maximoff's comms have been broken." Jarvis informs me.

"Fuck it." I sigh, backing up to the fire exit door. Picking up into a sprint I approach the ledge. "I HAVEN'T DONE A JUMP LIKE THIS SINCE COLLEGE!" I shout, kicking off the ledge and leaping into the air.

"Did you just jump?" Bucky questions in a confused tone.

The leap I had performed had boosted me halfway across the street but gravity was beginning to take effect and arc me down. "PLEASE!" Is all that exits my mouth as I approach one of the windows of the building.

"Ms. Twiney, you are dropping at an exponential rate." Jarvis comments.

My body connects with the building, catching myself with one arm on the base of where a window once sat. "Holy shit." I breathe out, looking down below me while I hung from my one hand. "I can't believe I made that." I grunt, gripping the base of the window with my other hand and beginning to lift myself up. "Jarvis, what's the quickest way up?" I question.