Chapter 16- Who Names A Movie 500mph Storm?

It was 1 day before the next mission. I had spent the past days resting and healing myself so my chest wasn't hurting as much for when we had to go. I was told that usually the team has a week break between missions but ever since they were on the 10th last Hydra base they had been pushing missions closer together so that Hydra didn't have time to prepare for the next attack.

I had started writing down my plan in a book that Bucky had given me, I had ironed out the plan so all I needed to do was encounter Wanda and hoped it went how I wanted, if it didn't work how I wanted I had a backup plan that I didn't write down because I knew that my main plan required one simple thing. That thing was for Wanda to find me or for me to find her and get her attention.

I was still helping Tony with the compound, he wanted the spare rooms to be for the Maximoff twins. My floor would contain Wanda and Pietro would be on the floor with Steve and Nat. I'm excited to have her on my floor mainly because I wouldn't ask her any questions, I know if she was on Nat's floor she would be questioned constantly.

But right now I was in my room sitting on my bed trying to practice my telepathy powers. It might not be smart to waste my energy a day before the mission. But we like to do things differently here.

"Hey Jar, put on Spotify and put the volume to medium." I asked the AI, luckily all the bedrooms and floors in the tower and soon-to-be compound were soundproofed so you could do whatever you want as loud as you want.

I heard the music start in the background. I closed my eyes as I focused on tuning out the surrounding sound and imagining nothing but just reaching out to my powers that had laid dormant waiting for the next time to be activated, the more I used them the faster they activated for when I called upon them. I breathed in and out again relaxing my muscles like I had done every time before. I felt my powers start responding to the call as it flowed through my body more fluently than it did the other times. I started to shuffle through the voices that filled my mind from throughout the tower.

"This movie is so bad I mean who names a movie 500mph storm? What kind of name is that?" I heard someone think before I moved on to the next voice.

"The tissue generator that we used to heal Clint is fascinating, the tissue analyses the patient and produces a form of matter that is so similar to the regular tissue that it was impossible to tell the difference." I heard another voice say, I'm going to get out of there because I don't understand any scientific explanation. I quickly skimmed through the rest of the voices I had heard.

I slowly opened my eyes still focusing my powers to be able to hear thoughts, I had managed to keep a hold of two voices that I had managed to grab a hold of them. I managed to only hear a couple of words as I had my eyes fully opened. "My boyfriend broke up... I'm so upset." I laughed to myself as I realised that I caught the thoughts of a normal worker that worked on the lower floors of the tower.

I shoved the thought out of my head as I moved on to the next one, I closed my eyes focusing on listening to it again. "If Lara can convince the Maximoff twins then she will have to look after the girl while Nat and I try to look after the boy." The voice thought that had belonged to Steve.

I would have to look after Wanda? I mean that's not a bad thing but it just felt weird that out of everyone that would look after her it would be me, I have been with the team for a week and I wasn't even a part of them but Steve thinks that I will be able to look after Wanda.

This was pretty new to me because of the fact I didn't ever have to look after anyone but me. My sister always looked after herself but she always looked after me as well and our parents looked after each other while also caring for Faye and I.