Rivals - Chapter 10

-Hey, Jaemin. I wanted to ask you something. – You say and he looks at you curious. – So... now that I'm dancing with Jeno, I'm seeing that it's much harder than I thought it was. When you dance with a partner, do you feel nervous by the proximity? L-Like, it's not awkward? – You ask a little unsure if you made yourself clear. Jaemin stares at you a bit and then chuckles.

-Yes, Y/n. Sometimes it feels awkward. Especially if it's someone you don't know for too long and the song is a romantic one. With time you get used to it and treat it as a job. – He says and you nod. He is right. You are nervous because it's something new to you. You are not used to that, so you end up getting nervous. You look up, wandering in thoughts while Jaemin keeps his look at you. - So, you and Jeno are meeting here every day? – Jaemin asks and you focus on life again.

-When we are free, yes. I'm helping him with his work since he asked for help. – You say and he nods.

-Do you know each other for a long time? – Jaemin asks curious.

-Actually no. We are in the same group of friends, but we started to talk two weeks ago when he helped me with the- - You stop, suddenly remembering that you should keep the secret of Jeno being your fake boyfriend. – With my homework. – You say smiling.

-I see. Yeah, I would remember if he had mentioned someone so cute like you. – Jaemin says getting you by surprise. Your cheeks quickly get painted with a light pink after hearing what he said. Jaemin grins, scanning your face.

-She has boyfriend, Jaemin. – Jeno says coming from the practice room after closing the door. Rolling the keys in his fingers, he gets closer and Jaemin arches an eyebrow.

-Oh. Really, Y/n? – Jaemin asks turning to look at you. You nod slightly.

-Did you not see it in the newspaper? – Jeno asks.

-I'm not sure. Maybe I... have forgot about this information. – Jaemin says looking at your eyes. – But I was just complimenting her. Nothing more. – He says and smiles. You giggle back seeing his wide and beautiful smile.

-Okay. Let's go then. – Jeno says leading you with a hand on you back.

           You three walk back to the dorms. Normally you and Jeno would be talking to each other, just the two of you. It was the calmest part of the day for him. He would try to walk as slowly as he could so that the day would not end, but now Jaemin is there, and for some reason it bothers Jeno.
          Some days pass by and Jaemin is surprisingly being a good friend to you. He is funny and helps you whenever someone tries to follow you to your practicing with Jeno.
          Today, as usual, you have another dance training. You open the door and Jeno turns around to see you enter. He opens a wide smile when you pass through the door, but the smile quickly fades away when he sees Jaemin coming with you. Coincidently you met him on the way there and you two came together.

-Hahaha. No way you said that! – You say to Jaemin laughing out loud.

-I'm telling you I did. He came to me all mysterious and asked "did you see a girl around here?", and then I said "I don't know, bro. I don't go out there looking at the girls like a creep." And then he got mad and walked away. – Jaemin says and you gasp.

-Woow. You are really incredible, Nana. – You say and Jeno furrows his eyebrows. You throw your backpack on the chair and turn to look at him. – Hi, Jeno! – You say opening a smile and looking at his eyes.

-Nana? – He says getting closer to both of you.

-Oh. I told her that's my nickname. – Jaemin says and Jeno makes a confused face.

-Your nickname? But nobody calls you like that. – Jeno says and Jaemin clicks his tongue.

-Of cooourse they do. You just don't know my friends, bro. But anyway, Y/n liked it, so she can call me Nana. Right, Y/n? – Jaemin asks and you nod.