Consequences - Chapter 28

-They are here! – You whisper-yell making Jeno furrow his eyebrows.

-Who? – He asks.

-Julian and Rylee! – You whisper.

-What? – He arches his eyebrows.

-Hey, you two! You are stopping the line! – A man says and you click your tongue. There's nothing you can do about that right now. You continue the way until your seat, which is coincidently beside Julian and Rylee's seat. Glancing at the front, Rylee makes a surprised face.

-No way... - She says and taps Julian aggressively. – Look who is here. – She says and he looks towards you too. You and Jeno sit down and Julian scoffs.

-You had to take same bus, right, Julian? – You say.

-Didn't you know I would be here? We always get this one to go there. – He says and you bend your lips.

-I thought you would let me take this one alone to help me to avoid your presence, but you were never a gentleman anyway. – You say and he scoffs, looking away.

-Just try to not say anything unnecessary, okay? – He says with a sassy tone and you slowly turn your face at him.

-Anything unnecessary? Like uhm... you were secretly with another girl while we were together? – You say and he clenches his jaw.

-You're also with someone else. Just get over it already. – Rylee says.

-I already got over it, sweetie, but if you don't want to be known like a home wrecker, just don't be one. – You say and smile at her.

-You little- - Rylee tries to stand up, but Julian holds her back.

-Try to not start a fight in the bus, okay? – Jeno says and you pout. – Just pretend we are not here. – He says and Julian snorts.

          You glance at Rylee and she shows you the middle finger. You roll your eyes and look away. Also looking away, she hugs Julian's arm. Glancing at Jeno, who is on his cellphone choosing a song to play, you gulp. You slowly slide your hand under his arm and intertwine your hands. Looking down at you, Jeno raises his eyebrow, curious by the sudden touch. Raising his head, he looks towards Rylee and Julian and notices how she is glued on him. He chuckles caressing your hand with his thumb.
          Some minutes pass by and Jeno is feeling sleepy. Sighing, he looks at the window and a weight is put on his shoulder. Looking down, he sees you asleep. He smiles finding that cute, and his heart beats a little faster when you snuggle closer to him, wanting to lay your head on his chest. Noticing you are a bit uncomfortable, he lets go of your hand and, carefully, passes his arm around your shoulder. Your body senses the heat coming from him and quickly adjusts in a warm position: hugging him from the side and your head in the crock of his neck.
          You breathe out in a sign that you got a comfortable sleeping position and Jeno gulps. Your breathing comes out of your mouth and gets in contact with his skin making him shiver, while your nose smells his fragrance that you like so much. Your hand falls on his lap, getting you in a deep sleep again, and he holds it without complains. It's a perfect way to sleep. Even though you are too sleepy to know you're doing that.
          With hesitation, Jeno leans his head on yours. Turning his head a bit, he props his chin on the top of it. He knows he shouldn't be liking this that much, but who cares? He doesn't want to push you away. Not now in the bus and not in his life.
          Breathing deeply, he smells your hair recently washed and with a shampoo essence. It feels so good. It feels so different and new for him. Feeling that he is protecting something that doesn't want to run away. For a moment, he wished that the bus trip was longer, just to have you on his arms for a little longer. It was so quiet. The trees outside the window run frenetically near you, but from afar they are not in a rush. Living a kiss on the top of your head, he closes his eyes. His breathing gets slower and his shoulder relax, entering also on a deep sleep.