Can I Join? - Chapter 42

Taking your arms off him, Jeno lays you down on the bed. He smiles seeing you sleeping deeply and covers you with the blanket. After leaving a last peck on your lips, Jeno closes the door going to his room. On his way there, he runs into your dad.

-How is she? – He asks.

-I put her in her bed and she fell asleep right away. – Jeno says and your dad nods, tapping him on the shoulder and continuing to walk.

-Thank you for taking her. – He says and leaves. Jeno smiles feeling something good now.

          Your words can't stop repeating in his head. He bites his bottom lip, still feeling the adrenaline when he heard the words leaving your mouth. Now he knows the power you have over him. It's so clearly how he fell for you. How he craves for feeling your lips on his and the relieve of when you are between his arms. Not only about the physical, but simply be able to make you smile also brings him happiness.
          In the next day, you wake up feeling as if a whole truck had passed over you. You look at the time on your cellphone and you widen your eyes. It's already past 11am. You quickly sit on the bed and your head bumps in a headache.

-Ouch... I shouldn't have drunk that much. – You say while going to the bathroom.

          After taking a hangover medicine on the drawer, you go down the stairs to take a cup of water. You look at the garden through the window and you see Jeno playing with your cousins and uncles. You appear on the front door and they spot you from afar.

-Ooh, look who decided to show up. – Renjun says with a grin on his face.

-We thought you were in a coma. – Haechan jokes and you roll your eyes.

-Have I lost the game? – You ask worried because of the time, but they shake their head.

-No. They announced the game for 4pm. – Chenle says rolling the ball on his hands. You breathe out feeling relieved. You take your hand to your head massaging it and Jeno gets closer to you.

-Your head is hurting, right? – He asks and you nod. – Have you taken a medicine yet?

-It's here. – You show him the medicine in your hand while walking to the kitchen. Jeno follows you while the boys continue playing. He takes a cup in the cupboard and fills it with water, giving it to you.

-Thank you. – You say, taking the medicine. – I don't even remember how I came back to my room yesterday. – You say chuckling.

-You don't remember anything? – He asks and you shake your head. "So, she has no idea that we confessed yesterday." Jeno thinks and sighs. – I carried you until there. – He says and you get surprised.

-Oh. Thank you. – You say and he nods smiling. – Sorry for bothering you. - You say and he shakes his head.

-It's okay. Actually, you look very cute when you are drunk. - He says and you glance at him fast. You chuckle, with a shy smile. - You get all clingy. Did you know that? - He asks and your cheeks go a little red.

-C-Clingy? What are you talking about? Did I do something? - You ask and he smirks.

-Nah, nothing much. You just kept asking for kisses and asked me how I could be so handsome. - He says with a low and proud tone. You laugh nervously.

-Did I do that? Omg... - You say hiding behind your hands, but Jeno takes it off your face.

-But I like it. It was interesting to see you being that honest. - He whispers giving you a cheek kiss. You sigh, getting even more shy. You know he is doing it on purpose so he can tease you.