The judge and the truth - Chapter 32

Julian and your dad prepare the meat and the family eats together. A song is playing in the back while loud voices laugh and chat at the circles. As the night goes by, Jeno also helps to serve everyone and you feel inside you something different. Strangely, you feel happy. Seeing how Jeno is growing closer to your family makes you want that to be true. How would it be if he was really part of your family? If he really started to come every year and share all these moments with you? Maybe you are just wishing too much, but only this time you let this dream be real.

-Thank you, my son. – Your grandmother says to Jeno after he put the meat inside her plate. He smiles and looks down, a little shy. Feeling someone hugging his arm by the side, he spots you and relaxes his body as you tighten your hug.

-Is there something for me? I'm hungry. – You ask looking at the table.

-No, I gave the last piece to my grandma. – Jeno says and points at your grandma.

-Hahaha! – Your grandma laughs shaking her head. You arch your eyebrows and scoff. Still hugging his arm, you bend your head to look at him.

-Your grandma? Your? – You ask and he nods proudly. – Uhm... okay then. You two are all intimate, ugh? – You say with a sassy expression and Jeno laughs. – You're gonna let your girlfriend die hungry... - You say dramatically, letting go of his arm. Jeno rolls his eyes and pulls you back by your wrist. You let out a low gasp as you hit his chest. You move away a bit looking at his eyes.

-Can my girlfriend wait a bit for me to take a meat and feed her? – Jeno asks with a side smile. You gulp and nod, feeling nervous by the proximity.

-The meat is ready! – Your uncle shouts and your dad puts it in front of Jeno, who is serving everyone. He looks back at you and winks. Cutting a piece, he puts it in front of your mouth. You look at it and then open your mouth eating it.

-Thank you. – You say smiling, making him smile too.

-This youth makes me miss my old times. – Your grandmother says coming back to her chair.

          Two hours later, everybody is sitting together talking and enjoying the fresh wind in a hot summer day. After helping your father to clean everything, they sit next to you.

-So, Y/n, how did you and Jeno know each other? – Your mother asks and you freeze drinking your soda.

-Y/n and I have the same group of friends in the university. – Jeno says and your mom nods with an O face.

-I see! And how long have you been together? – She asks and Julian glances at him.

-Well, we are together for about... two months. – He says looking at you.

-Ooh! So it's still recent. – Your cousin, Mark, says. – Wait, what about Julian? How long have you and Rylee been together? – He asks and you look at him. He sighs.

-About 5 months. – He says looking down. You clench your jaw, trying to control your rage. You and Jeno are together for two months since you found out Julian was cheating on you, which means that he was already with Rylee for 3 months while he was dating. Jeno takes your hand on his, deviating your focus to him as he caresses and plays with it.

-Both of you in a recent relationship. That's funny. – Your niece says.

-Yeah... - You look down.

-So, you said you are from Y/n's university. Which course are you on? – Your dad asks and you look at him fast.

-I'm on the dan- - Before Jeno could finish the answer, you interrupt him.

-We can talk about other things, right? Jeno must be tired of talking about it. I'm already tired of talking about veterinary. – You say and Jeno looks at you a little confused.