The competition begins - Chapter 30

-WAKE UP, FAMILY! – A loud sound of a trumpet wakes Jeno up, making him open his eyes fast. – The first day of games is starting! – You hear someone shouting outside and you stretch your body, already used to this.

          Putting up your clothes, you go to the bathroom and wash your face. After brushing your teeth, you leave the room and stop in front of Jeno's room. You bite your nails, not knowing if you should knock. "Should I check if he is okay? It would be weird if I just let him alone here, right?" You think, walking in circles. Finally taking the decision to check up on him, you walk towards the door, but it opens before you could touch it. Jeno's eyes meet with yours and you quickly move away.

-Good morning! – You say laughing nervously.

-Good morning. – He answers back. Glancing quickly at you head to toe, he notices the different clothing style. A casual outfit with white shorts and a shirt that shows your shoulder and neck. Your hair is up in a pony tail, evidencing the heat of the summer season and giving you a cute look.

-I was going to check if you needed something, but I guess you are okay. – You say, feeling a little nervous. – Uhm... let's go down the stairs then. The games will start after the breakfast. – You say turning around as Jeno nods.

          Following you, you two go down to the first floor and the crowd walks everywhere taking their plates. A loud talkative sound echoes through the room at 7 in the morning.

-Eat how as much as you want. We will need energy if we want to win against the Bennetts. – You say and he nods.

          After the breakfast, all the family reunites outside the house to start the family games. Your grandparents sit on table to watch all of you, since they are the judges. Jeno looks around with attention while you stretch yourself a bit.

-I didn't imagine you would really participate. – Jeno turns around, hearing a voice behind him. Seeing Julian getting closer, he grins and crosses his arms.

-I wouldn't let you stay with all the glory. It's obvious that I would participate. – He says and Julian scoffs.

-And you think you're gonna win? – Julian laughs. – I do this every year since Y/n and I were 12 years old. You got no chance. – He says and Jeno taps his shoulder.

-You won because you didn't have a real competitor. My advise is that you get prepared. – Jeno says and smirks, coming back to your side.

          Julian glares at him sighing. Some seconds later, there comes Rylee. You look at her coming and chuckle seeing her clothes. She really tried to look cute and at some point she was, but those heels flip flops just made her look like a Barbie in the middle of a camp. She stops beside Julian, slapping a mosquito on her arm.

-Are you gonna participate, Rylee? Now that's a surprise. – You say stretching your arms. She looks at you with a disgusted face and then scoffs.

-Of course. They would think bad of me if I didn't. Is it not because of that that Jeno is playing too? – She asks with crossed arms and Jeno looks at her.

-Yeah, there's this point too, but I really want to play. I want to humiliate him. – Jeno points at Julian with a cute and innocent smile on his face. Julian scoffs looking away.

-You wish. – Julian says also stretching.

-Anyway, it must not be that hard. Let's just end with it fast and relax later. – She says and you chuckle.

-Not that hard... - You say to yourself.

-OKAY, FAMILY, ATTENTION! THE GAMES ARE GONNA START AND THE INSTRUTIONS FOR THE FIRST ONE ARE GONNA BE SAID NOW. – Your grandfather shouts and everyone gets quiet and reunites with each team.