The Words I Wanted To Say - Chapter 68

You feel so lost and hurt that Jaemin notices your expression and gets concerned.

-Hey...! Are you okay? - He asks making you look at him. You gulp feeling your eyes get teary. - Listen, don't take it too seriously. It was something in the past. Everyone has had the first love before. You've dated Julian too, right? - He says and you nod slowly, but you don't feel that convinced.

          Yes, it's true. Julian was someone you once loved and now you hate him, but still, just a minimum chance of losing Jeno opens a hole in your chest. Jaemin sighs, seeing you looking down, and holds your hand. You look up at him.

-You made me a question. Now I can make you one too, right? - He says and you furrow your eyebrows nodding. - Okay. What has happened between you and Jeno? - Jaemin asks and you take a deep breath.

-We... broke up. - You say and he widens his eyes. He never thought he would hear that.

-W-What? Did he break up with you? That idiot... How could he- - He says, but you shake your hands denying it.

-No, no. It was not him. It was me... – You say and Jaemin gets even more surprised. You feel your eyes getting teary again and you take a deep breath. Jaemin stares at you for some seconds, waiting you calm down.

-It doesn't look like you wanted to do it. – He says in a low tone.

-It's... complicated. – You say simply. You think it's better not to tell Jaemin about everything. Maybe he could tell Jeno and it would be all be useless. – I don't know if it will be good if everybody knows, so can you keep it for now? – You say, but suddenly, Jaemin's phone rings. He takes it from his pocket and gulps.

-I think everybody already knows. – He says and you talk your phone fast widening your eyes.

          "Shocking news! Our most famous couple has come to an end! Jeno and Y/n are officially not dating anymore. After their popularity about being perfect for each other, not long after they are no longer together. Definitely a shocking beginning and a shocking end." You read the university's blog and sigh. You can imagine how this information has spread so fast. Reading it like this feels even more unreal. Somehow, you haven't thought about when you and Jeno would really end. You were already so used to have him around. Seeing him every day, taking pictures with him, dancing, supporting him, hugging, kissing. It all looked so real, but what starts with a lie doesn't go so far.
          Meanwhile, clicking her tongue in annoyance, Sofia leans on the table in front of her pc snorting. Her mind tries to find a way for her plan to work, but everything seems a mess right now. A vibrating sound calls her back to the world and she takes her phone on the table, seeing someone calling her. She sighs and picks it up.

-Hello? – She says in a not excited tone.

-Meet me at the practice room in 10. We need to talk. – The masculine voice says and hangs up immediately, not even giving her the chance to react.

          She widens her eyes glancing at the screen again. She knows that voice like the palm of her hand. It was Jeno. And he said they need to talk. Sofia's heart beats stronger, not knowing what he has in mind. Why would he suddenly call her like this? What does he want to talk about? There's only one way to answer these questions: going there.
          Not wasting time, she rushes to the practice room. Getting there too soon, she waits for him stomping her foot on the floor in an anxious movement. Like he had just said, Jeno got there in 10 minutes. He opens the door and enters the room with a serious aura. He drops his backpack on the table, not pronouncing any word. He pulls out a chair, positions it in front of her with some distance and looks at her deep in the eyes, making her gulp.