The Real Winner - Chapter 50

-What are you doing? Why are you packing? – He asks and she stays quiet just putting the clothes in the suitcase. – Are you mad at me because of the shot? – She stops for a moment, still not looking at him. – I told you it wouldn't hurt you, Rylee.

-It's not about that, Julian! – She yells feeling her blood boiling. – I told you I was afraid. You knew that I didn't want to play that and even so you shot me. – She turns to look at him with rage in her eyes.

-Jeno would shoot us anyway, Rylee. I just did it first so we could win the game. – He says.

-He wouldn't, Julian. – She says and he arches an eyebrow.

-And why are you so sure, ugh? He hates us, Rylee. – He says and she shakes her head.

-He promised me he wouldn't if you gave up. – She says and Julian laughs, starting to walk around the room.

-Now you believe anything he says just because he promised. He was lying, Rylee. – He says ironically.

-HE WASN'T! And do you know how I know that? Because he doesn't lie to Y/n! That's how I know! – She says and Julian clenches his jaw. – He and Y/n are there happy! Because he is honest with her. Very different from us. – She says looking in his eyes.

-So you are saying that I'm not honest with you. - He sighs. - All this stupid fight just because of an ink bullet. I was trying to win the game for us! – He says getting closer.

-IT'S NOT FOR US. IT'S FOR HER! – She yells and Julian goes silent. – Since we got here, it was all because of her. You wanted to prove to her you are better than Jeno. You think I'm stupid enough to not notice that, but it's impossible not to, Julian. Your eyes are on her, you get angry when Jeno is with her, you even say her name when you are dreaming! But you know what? I'm sick of this. – She says throwing her clothes in the suitcase again.

-Stop being ridiculous. Are you gonna leave like this? This is all because you are insecure. Then you start creating scenarios in your head. You are the one who is obsessed with Y/n, because you know she is better than you. And now, - He laughs ironically. - the blame is all on me. - He rests his arms on his hips and Rylee looks at him with a death gaze, trying to not let the tears in her eyes fall.

-You are a jerk, Julian. Y/n is lucky now that she is not with you anymore. - She says closing her suitcase.

-Oh, yeah? Why don't you hit on Jeno then? You're good at that at least. But I doubt he will treat you like I do. - He says blocking her way to the door. Rylee looks up at him as a tear escapes from her eyes.

-That would be a favor, Julian. - She says and he stares at her in rage. - Get out of my way. - She says and he sighs rolling his eyes getting away from the door.

          Rylee leaves the room pulling her suitcase. At the hall, she looks ahead and sees you and Jeno from afar. You are leaning on the wall while Jeno is in front of you holding your hand. You two are laughing and flirting with each other and Rylee can feel the taste of jealousy on her tongue. The way he looks at you like he is enchanted and you corresponding it. The way he is holding your hand like he needs your touch even though you are spending all these days together. The way you seem so happy lately. This is everything she wanted and that she doesn't have.
          Rylee walks by the halls and the sound of the wheels of her suitcase rolling on the floor makes you and Jeno look at her. She is looking down, ashamed for be leaving the house like this. Defeated, embarrassed, ridiculous. At least in her view. You and Jeno look at each other confused as she passes in front of you and goes down the stairs.

-Is she leaving? – You ask Jeno.

-I think so. She is taking her stuff. – He says looking at her passing through the door.