Past Knocking At The Door - Chapter 55

-Hi, Jeno. – She says and you arch an eyebrow. Turning to look at him, you get surprised by the shock in his eyes. He looks like he had seen a ghost.

-Sofia? – His voice gets out of his mouth almost like a whisper, but a lot deeper than one. You look at her again with widened eyes. "S-Sofia? That Sofia?" You ask yourself mentally. Jeno stares at her frozen as she walks over him.

-Jeno! – She says wrapping him with her arms above his shoulders in a hug.

          She dives in his neck and you furrow your eyebrows seeing that scene. A bad feeling made your stomach roll by the way she intimately hugged him. Apparently now waking up from the shock, Jeno uncrosses her arms, moving her away from him with a closed face.

-What are you doing here? – He asks with a serious tone.

          You don't know exactly what his gaze transfers. It's a mix of anger, shock and pain. Weirdly, you feel like you are not even there with them anymore.
          The girl ignores his question and looks at you with side eyes. Her gaze runs from top to bottom and you arch an eyebrow like you're asking what she wants. She chuckles and looks at him again. A smile grows on her face as she stares at him with what seems to be desire. She looks hypnotized. By him.

-Who is she? Is she your girlfriend? – She asks with a wide smile, but that smile doesn't convey happiness. It reminds you of that cat from Alice in Wonderland.

          Jeno clenches his jaw. Why does he not say anything? You wondered, but his next move made you even more confused. He sighed looking down and held her wrist. He dragged her out of the room in silence, without looking back.
          The door closed in a cold and loud slam, and the echo sound made it even clearer that now you are alone in that room. You stay there, standing next to the table where you were previously exchanging kisses with him. Resting above it, the flowers he gave you, which you still don't know the reason. He wanted to make you a question, but what question was it? You didn't know too, because something more important came up. You run your hands through your hair. Where is he now? Why did he get out like this? So many questions in your head, but only one sentiment in your heart. Jealousy.
          Jeno walks until he gets to an empty hall. It doesn't matter where he goes to. He just wants to take her away from you. Sofia stops leaning the back on the wall.

-Ouch. Slower, Jeno. – She says as he looks away, not knowing what to say.

-What are you doing here, Sofia? – He asks and she looks away.

-You've already asked me that. – She says pocking her cheek with her tongue.

-And you didn't answer me. – Jeno says and she looks at him again, smiling. His breath is a little heavy, due to the surprise, and she bites her bottom lip admiring him.

-So bossy. You weren't like that before. And you grew up a lot too... You're even hotter. – She says laughing in a smirk, but his expression didn't change.

-You won't tell me? Fine. Guess your business isn't with me then. So, I'll get going. – He says and turns around to go away, but she holds his forearm stopping him.

-Stooop, Jeno! I'll tell you. – She says and he turns around again to look at her, pulling his arm back. – I came back for you. – She says and he scoffs.

-Oh, really? – He says ironically.

-You know I know everything that happens in this university, Jeno. What do you think you have been doing? – She asks and he furrows his eyebrows.

-I don't know what you are talking about and actually, I don't wanna know. - He says and she sighs.

-Everybody is talking about your fame in the past 2 months, Jeno. I know you are trying to apply for Joffrey Academy, and then I heard that you got into a fight on the Summer Party and many other stuffs. Are you trying to throw your carrier away? - She says and Jeno looks away, not knowing how to explain everything that's happening.