It's not about you - Chapter 37

-So, - Your dad starts and Jeno looks at him. – You were pretty good at the swimming test. – He says without looking at him and Jeno chuckles.

-Thank you. – He answers with an eye smile. Putting the platters on the table, Jeno looks around scratching his head. Your dad sighs and calls him again.

-Look, Jeno. – He says and Jeno looks at him. – That day at the dinner, I knew I wasn't being nice. In my mind Julian was the best choice for her, but in reality, I wasn't listening to her. And also, I didn't worry about you when I talked about your future. – He sighs again as Jeno looks down. – What I want to say is that I'm sorry. – He says and Jeno looks at him serious.

-It's okay. I can understand that you want the best for her. – Jeno says and your father chuckles. Passing his arm above Jeno's shoulder, he taps him on the chest.

-Good that everything is alright by now. I mean, I couldn't do anything about that anyway since she is so sure about dating you. – He says and Jeno arches an eyebrow.

-Has she said that? – He asks.

-Yeah. With no hesitation. – He says and Jeno smiles. – So you better take care of her and not disappoint her, ugh? – Your dad says looking at him straight in the eyes.

-Of course. I promise. – He says and your dad smiles at him.

-Good. Let's take the rest of the plates now. – He says and Jeno nods, feeling happy that he and your dad made up.

          Meanwhile, the rest of the family is getting to the dinner. The kids run around playing happily and the couples show off their matching clothes. Jeno and you go to the table to take something to eat. Showing you a piece of snack, he smiles as you open your mouth and take it. You chew it with a surprised face, showing him that it's good. Resting a hand on your waist, he leans down and kisses your cheek. It looks like a dream. Just for this week, he is yours, and you are his. At this point you have already broken the first rule. Not getting feelings. How could you not? He is handsome, affectionate, he fights for you. It's something you have never experienced before.
          Staring at his eyes in an awe, you feel hypnotized. Jeno looks at you back a little confused by why you are staring at him like that. He chuckles and puts the fork down.

-What...? – He asks in a low tone. You pull his face with a hand, cupping his cheek, and slowly steal a kiss from his lips. Jeno's heart melts with that. He loves when you make the first move, especially when it's something so cute like this soft kiss. You give him a second peck, caressing his face with your thumb. He pulls away a little with an eye-smile. – Your family is here. They're gonna see it. – He says even though he wanted you to do it all the rest of the night. You chuckle looking around.

-Sorry. I forgot about it. – You say feeling a little shy. You must be going crazy already, but it seems like he calls you. Every time his eyes meet with yours, you feel you are connected. Ever since he kissed you simply because he wanted to, you've got the urge to be affectionate with him. It was like a drug that you want more and more every time you have it. You want to help him with his problems, even if you are not benefitted by it. You want just to be there for him and show him how much love you can give.

          Sighing deeply, Julian, at the other side of the garden, comes out of the house. He immediately spots the image he didn't want to see. You and Jeno being lovey-dovey. He rolls his eyes seeing you pecking his lips. "Wasn't she so strict about skinship next to family? And now she is kissing him in front of everyone. If I could just go there and break his face, I would do it." Julian thinks with his hands on his pocket. Rylee, coming behind him, furrows her eyebrows seeing her boyfriend with a closed face. She looks around noticing a different behave on the air.