The Princess And The Plebeian - Chapter 101

-Pretend it's just the two of us here. Remember when we practiced at the farm? Just the two of us, alone, with the music. – He asks with a soft voice, looking at your eyes, and you nod slowly. – Dance with me just like that day. – He says as his eyes sweetly run by yours, and you nod again.

          Jeno, then, comes back to his position and gives a sign for the song to start. You breathe in deeply, trying to keep your cool. When the music hit your ears, everything seemed to disappear, and now only you and Jeno were in that room.

          "This dance tells the story of a plebeian who fell in love with a princess, but she was destined to marry the prince, so they can't be together. At the end, the plebeian wants to risk everything to stay by her side, but as the princess loves him so much, she chooses to sacrifice herself so the plebeian won't die." Jeno's voice replays in your head as the song bumps with the first notes. Ironically, this story feels very relatable to your situation. You, the princess, who was famous and known by everyone for dating the prince. Julian, the corrupted prince who was the center of his own world. Jeno, the plebeian, who tragically fell in love with the princess, but can't have her.

          Painfully, you and Jeno found yourselves performing nothing more than your own reality. And you could feel his eyes talking to you, and his touch marking messages on your skin.

*For full immersion in the story, please, listen to the song: Call Out My Name - The Weekend. The lyrics are down below*

We found each other
I helped you out of a broken place
You gave me comfort
But falling for you was my mistake

I put you on top, I put you on top
I claimed you so proud and openly
And when times were rough, when times were rough
I made sure I held you close to me

So call out my name (call out my name)
Call out my name when I kiss you so gently
I want you to stay (I want you to stay)
I want you to stay, even though you don't want me
Girl, why can't you wait? (why can't you wait, baby?)
Girl, why can't you wait 'til I fall out of love?
Won't you call out my name? (call out my name)
Girl, call out my name, and I'll be on my way and
I'll be on my

I said I didn't feel nothing baby, but I lied
I almost cut a piece of myself for your life
Guess I was just another pit stop
'Til you made up your mind
You just wasted my time
You're on top, I put you on top
I claimed you so proud and openly, babe
And when times were rough, when times were rough
I made sure I held you close to me

          Your feelings were crying out while your bodies moved around. Anyone, even those who had nothing to do with dancing, could notice that it was more than simple acting. It was as if Jeno was singing for you. The judges couldn't take the eyes of you, but you didn't mind it. The world no long matters anymore. Right now, it's just you and him.

          At some point, you were so into the song, that some spontaneous steps were being added to the choreography. You want to be closer to him, and he, on the same way, want to touch you again, the way he used before. He wants to spend his days with you, be there for you on your hard times and kiss your lips desperately like he used before.

          Your skin shivered when your body shocked against his. His hand slid under your tight and held it in a tight grip, pulling and gluing you on him. Your faces, only a few inches apart, were begging for a single sparkle of contact as the sweat rolled by your temples. Your noses brushed on each other and your heart felt like it could explode anytime soon.

          Getting to the end, you move away from him, completing the tragic story of the plebeian and the princess, and the song stops. You stand facing the judges while Jeno stares at you in a heavy breath. He noticed something is going on. He felt how you two weren't simply dancing, and at that moment, it was impossible for you to hide your feelings. Impossible when he was dancing like that, with that song.