A New Route - Chapter 110

-What the hell do I do? - Rylee asks, looking deeply at your eyes, and you hold back a laugh to not make her angry. She was asking you for love advice, and that's something you never thought she would do.

You sigh deeply, leaning your back on the chair, with a smirk on your face.

-Well, from what you told me, he is a good guy who doesn't want to take advantage from you. And now, you're liking him. – You say and Rylee scoffs, also leaning her back on the seat and crossing her arms while looking away.

-No, no way. I don't like him. – She says and you chuckle.

-You said you were thinking about him all the time, and whenever you guys meet, you end up kissing. You said he was nice and now you are confused on what you're feeling. This for me is liking someone. – You say and she looks fast at you.

-I don't like him! I can't like anyone now. Last time it happened, I just ended up getting fooled. – She says with an angry face.

-Don't take Julian as an example. He was the worst for both of us. – You say.

-Yeah, I know. But even with Jeno, you suffered a lot too. I don't know if I would do the same. – She says and you smile.

-I just did it because I fell in love with him. We can't help it when it happens. But nowadays, he makes me happiest as ever. – You say and Rylee looks away again.

-What if it was not like that for you in the end? How did you know? – Rylee asks and you shrug.

-We can't know. You must trust the person at some point. – You say and she sighs. – He wanted to have something serious with you, but you turned him down because you are afraid. You're always like this. You push people away with your personality. – You say and she looks at you with a sassy face.

-I don't push people away. I have my friends. Many friends. I'm very popular. – She says and you roll your eyes.

-Is that why you are asking for advice to me? Are we friends now? – You ask and she looks at you fast.

-Ew! No. We are not friends. – She says with a grossed face.

-See? You are pushing me away too, even though I already consider you a friend. – You say and Rylee stares at you.

Actually, since the first time she put her eyes on you, she already hated you, without even giving you the chance to show how you really are. And even after all that story, you are calling her a friend, and that somehow made her heart skip a beat. She would never admit it, but, in reality, you're not bad as she thought, but actually very cool.

Rylee sighs, looking down, thinking about everything you said. You smile, seeing that she is reflecting about it.

-Now, get lost. You're disturbing my concentration. – You say and she glares at you, standing up. You chuckle, seeing her groaning, but before she left, she turns around again.

-Thanks. – She simply says and leaves.

After many days, you finish your homework, feeling proud for finally being able to cross the next level. You check the time, wondering if you could deliver it already and then be free for the holiday. You head over the Professor's classroom and find him there on his laptop.

-Excuse me, professor. – You say and he looks at you.

-Oh, hello, Y/n. Please, come in. – He says and you walk closer.

-I'm finished with the project. May I send it to you now? – You ask, showing him your computer.

-Yes, of course. You're early though. Wanting to enjoy the holiday, right? – He says and you chuckle.