(Bad) People Never Change - Chapter 99

-Really? But do you like him? – He asks, gulping.

-Well, I like him as a friend. But nothing more than that. – You say and Jeno smiles.

-I see. – Jeno says looking at you in the eyes. His gaze brought goosebumps to your body, and you can feel your heartbeats increasing.

-Y/n. - You hear a voice calling you. You look at the room's door and see your mom standing there. - We're going to the funeral. - She smiles weakly, giving you the hint to say goodbye, and comes back to the room.

          You look at Jeno and clean your throat, standing up from the bench. Jeno follows you, standing up too.

-Well... thank you again for having come. – You say and Jeno nods. Getting closer to him, you evolve him with your arms a last time. You sighed deeply, missing his smell when you dived in his neck. – You made this easier for me. – You pull away, looking at him. – She would have liked to see you an only last time. – You say with a sad smile.

-I would like to have seen her too. You were there on her last moment, and I'm sure that's what she was waiting for. – He says and you feel your eyes getting teary. Jeno smiles, intertwining your hands one more time.

-I'm gonna meet my parents. Good luck on your test. I know you already made it. – You say and his eyes couldn't be more hypnotized by you. He came because he knew you needed someone by your side during a painful moment like this, but at the same time, he is wondering how he is going to get over you when all he wishes right now, even more than his test, more than his carrier, more than success, is you.

          Meanwhile, at another part of the hospital, Rylee drinks the soda she had just taken in the machine. She looks at the person walking calmly towards her, seeing Jaemin. He goes in silence to the machine and buys a drink too. Sipping the soda, he glances at Rylee.

-Is she still there with him? – Rylee asks.

-Yep. – Jaemin says, leaning on the wall.

-Is she gonna be okay? – Rylee asks in a low tone and Jaemin chuckles.

-Why? Are you worried about her? – He jokes gaining an eye roll from her. – She is gonna be okay. She is strong. – He says and Rylee glances at him.

-Are you sad that she is with him? – Rylee asks and Jaemin stays silent for a few seconds.

-No. I'm happy that she has someone to help her. I knew it since the beginning, that it wouldn't be me. – He says and Rylee stays quiet.

          They both drink their sodas, waiting for the other to say something or just waiting for that awkward moment end.

-Look... about what happened at the party- - Before Jaemin could continue, Rylee interrupts him.

-We don't need to talk about it. We got drunk at a party and we ended up making out. It happens all the time with everyone. – She says and Jaemin chuckles.

-Then why do you keep avoiding me? – He says with a smirk and Rylee scoffs.

-I-I'm not. Like, normally people don't talk about that afterwards. – Rylee says, crossing her arms.

-I'm not the type who just do that and not talk with the girl afterwards. – He says and Rylee chuckles, finding that funny. All the guys she found so far only called her again to have a "second time", but they never really cared about what happened.

-You're weird, Jaemin. – Rylee says laughing and Jaemin arches an eyebrow laughing too. – I was not expecting anything from that night, so don't worry. Let's just forget it. – She says looking away and Jaemin shrugs.