Dreams and Goals - Chapter 33

Sensing Julian's step far from there, you finish the kiss slowly moving away from his face. You open your eyes and they meet with Jeno's. His lips are a little apart before he clenches his jaw. His face muscles slightly appearing on the side of his cheek. You look down licking your lips after the kiss, now realizing what you have done.

-Sorry. I should have asked you permission. – You say looking away.

-You don't need to ask. I give you permission. – Jeno says firmly and you breathe out, cleaning your throat.

-And sorry for what my dad said. – You say looking down. – I didn't want you to talk about your future with him because I knew what he would say. I don't even know how to face you right now to be honest. – You sarcastically chuckle. – I feel terrible that I made you listen to all that. – You say and Jeno sighs.

-You don't need to be sorry for that. Look at me. – He says and you look up at his eyes. – My mom said the same things to me. In the beginning, she was against my course. I was sad and even mad. – He says and you make a worried face. – But I found out that the best way to make them change their mind is showing them the contrary and proving that they are wrong. – He says and you stop to think. – Prove to them that you'll be a successful veterinarian! And I promise you I'm gonna prove that I'll be a successful dancer. – He says and you smile holding his hand.

-Yeah... you're right... actually, I've never exposed my future plans to them before. I just turned my back when they told me they didn't like it. – You say and smile again. – Thank you, Jeno. I'm gonna do it next time. – Jeno smiles and scans your face, placing a kiss on your cheek after.

-I think we have to come back now. They must be worried about you. – - He says and you whine, passing your arms above his shoulders and letting your weight rest on him.

-I don't want to go there. I'm afraid. – You hide in his neck and he sighs, hugging you back around the waist.

-I know, but it's gonna be okay. I'll be there with you. – He says and you smile, still clinging on him. – I think who is more screwed now is Julian.

          And just like Jeno said, meanwhile all of that conversation between you and him, Julian came back to the garden where all the family was. He walked there furious after seeing that view of you and Jeno kissing passionately in front of him, but his rage turned quickly into fear when he saw all the looks versed to him. His dad looked angry and his mom hurt. He gulped, feeling the weight of the guilty and shame.

-Where are they? Did you search for her like we asked you to? – His dad asks serious.

-They are in the third garden. Jeno is with her. – Julian says, not looking at your dad in the eyes. And how could he right now? After everything you told them and how broken you looked?

-WHY DID YOU DO THIS? – Julian's mom ran to him and held his collar. – You cheated on our Y/n! For what? How could you do this to our family?! And what about Y/n? She is like a daughter for us. She always treated you well and did everything for you! Is that the type of man I brought up? – His mom yells desperately hitting him on the chest. Julian remains quiet, not looking at her and just receiving the blows. Your mom reaches her hands and stops her from hitting him more.

-Calm down, Kris... (Julian's mom's name) – Your mom says pulling her away from him. The rest of the family observes, not daring to say a thing. Your dad sighs, taking his hand to his forehead, massaging it.

-I'll wait a bit until they come back. It's already late and we're gonna wake up early tomorrow. Let's all sleep and clear our heads. – He says and everybody nods and stands up, walking towards the house. Julian and Rylee stay there, not knowing if they should get in or not.