New Reality - Chapter 66

"Shit... I forgot he also sits here during the lunch." You curse at yourself, not knowing what to do. Should you eat somewhere else? Or should you just sit down and pretend nothing happened?

-Why are you two standing there? – Jaemin asks looking at you. You gulp and decide to sit.

          You sit next to Jaemin making him arch an eyebrow curious by why you hadn't sat next to Jeno. Jeno just sighs, but inside his chest it was like a stab. You used to arrive at the table and immediately sit beside him, but now that seems to be in the past.

-Not that I don't like your amazing company, but why are you sitting here instead of next to your boyfriend? Did you have a fight? – Jaemin whispers to you.

-It's nothing. – You say and Jaemin pouts thinking.

-Uhm... that's what the closed face on the other side of the table told me too, but I don't believe him. – He says squinting his eyes.

          At the other side, Jeno stares at you and Jaemin with a serious face, wondering what he must be talking so much with you. Probably asking why he was so grumpy this morning or why you sat far from him. Actually, Jeno was wondering how you would act after yesterday and somehow, he was waiting that everything stayed like it was. He wanted you to stay as friends at least and watching you so far away hurts him like hell. The reality is that he is hating all of this. He wanted to stay by your side. He wanted you.

-Hey! – Jeno wakes up from his thoughts getting startled by Sofia who sat, out of nowhere, by his side. You glance at them, but look down right after. You know that was the plan. You would break up with Jeno so Sofia could be his partner, but you're not gonna lie, watching her beside him like this makes your throat close from anger. – Let's start the practice? – She says with a smile on her face. Jeno just groans and takes his backpack leaving the table. Sofia rolls her eyes and crosses her arms. "I'll need more time..." She thinks also standing up, letting the others in the table confused.

          Typing things on her pc and signing some documents, the Principal enjoys the little moment of silence in her office, which is suddenly interrupted by the door bursting open.

-Mom! – Sofia enters and her steps could be heard by meters away.

-What do you want now, Sofia? – She asks sighing and putting her glasses on the table, getting ready for another problem that she could bring. Sofia puts her hands on the table, looking at her mom's eyes deeply.

-I need you to change the test's date. – She says and the Principal gets confused.

-Change the date? Are you crazy? I can't do that. It's not that easy. Everything is already planned. The pickers, the announcement, the place, the sponsors. – She says and Sofia clicks her tongue.

-Jeno still doesn't want to be my partner. It's getting longer than I expected. I already made he and Y/n break up, but I need more time to convince him. – Sofia says and the Principal touches her temples, massaging it.

-I can't change everything just because you want to dance with Jeno. If he doesn't want to do the test, whatever. He is just one of many students from here. – She says looking at the pc again.

-He is not just any student. He is the best of the class. And I'm sure you would like if he passed the test and gave you the title of best dance course of the country. – Sofia says and her mom slowly turns her gaze at her.

-You're manipulating me. – She says and Sofia shrugs.

-Maybe. I'm not lying though. You know it's true. – She says and the Principal sighs.