Family Tradition - Chapter 29

-Are y'all out of your mind? – Your dad says and you look up slowly at his eyes. Your spine shivers as you hold the stare. – Are you really going to separate our families like that? – He asks and you stay quiet.

-Julian, everything was already planned for you two. What happened? You are the man. You can put order to this mistake. – His father says and you scoff. It seems unbelievable that they are thinking that Julian is so innocent to try to resolve any problem between you two, when he was the one who messed up with everything.

-What's with that laugh, Y/n? – Your dad asked and you gulp, but feeling firm on not changing idea, you lift your chin up.

-We're not getting back together, dad. I'm with Jeno now and that won't change. – You say firmly, but trembling a bit at the same time. You father closes his fists and steps ahead, but your mom pulls him back by his arm.

-Let's calm down for now, everyone. – She says, but your father still looks at you intensely in the eyes. – The dinner is almost ready. – She says and turns to the "guests". – Uhm... Jeno and Rylee, right? You can make yourself at home. We can continue this conversation later. – Turning around, she leaves the living room. You four stand there looking at the rest of your family. Glancing at Jeno, he blinks at you to confirm that he was okay.

-Now that this fight stopped, I want to hug my granddaughter. – Your grandmother says and you smile. She is one of the few people who you trust with your life and that is always by your side. You let go of Jeno's hand and run towards her, carefully hugging her tight. She hugs you back, caressing your head. Pulling away, she smiles widely. – You get prettier every time you visit us, my dear. – She says and you smile. Taking a peek behind you, she sees Jeno standing there. – Why don't you introduce your boyfriend to me again? I have some vision problems, you know. I need to see him very close. – She says and you chuckle. Turning around, you look at Jeno and make a hand sign, saying that he should approach you. He gets closer, stopping beside you.

-Grandma, this is Jeno. My boyfriend. – You say and Jeno smiles.

          He is already used to be called like that. Actually, he gets happy when you do, even though it's not true. Resting a hand on you back, he smiles to your grandmother while she looks at him head to toe.

-Nice to meet you, miss. – He says bowing a little. She chuckles and proceeds to take his hand, feeling it. Jeno glances at you a little confused and you just wink at him shaking your head, like you are saying "Don't mind it. Let her do it.". He nods while your grandma keeps looking at his hand.

-Uhm... he has warm hands. Very different from you, Y/n. Hahaha. – She says and you giggle. – Uhm... his heart... is also warm. Interesting. – She says and Jeno remembers now where you got this comment from.

-Yes, grandma. His heart is also warm. – You say and Jeno looks at you curious.

-Oh, that's rare, my daughter. Not everyone got warm hands and a warm heart. – She says giving little taps on Jeno's hand. He smiles with a confused face. "It must be a good thing, I hope." He thinks. Letting go of his hand, she looks at you. – And he is also very handsome! You chose it well, my daughter. – She says and you giggle.

-Yes, he really is, grandma. Thank you. – You say and Jeno glances at you again. You clean your throat, not even noticing that you confirmed in front of him that he was handsome.

-And you, Julian? Will you introduce me the girl you have there? – The grandma says walking slowly and weakly towards both of them.

-Of course, grandma. This is Rylee. My girlfriend. - He says and she smiles at her. Grandma takes her by surprise, also taking her hand. She feels it for a moment and then checks her out a bit.