Eavesdropping - Chapter 73

-Let's call it a day. I have some things to do. We can continue tomorrow. - He simply says and turns around to take his hoodie. Sofia sighs rolling her eyes hearing the door closing. Also grabbing her stuff, Sofia leaves the practice room.

          Meanwhile, at the university's refectory, you are telling Maya everything Sofia said to you.

-No way she said that! - Maya says taking other chips inside the bag.

-Yeah, I'm telling you! I knew it, Maya! I knew that she had second intentions when she came here. She came up with all that idea of helping Jeno and all, but she is interested in him. - You say snorting. - Ugggh! I don't know what to do now! I can't even talk to him anymore because she is always around. - You roll your eyes.

-Where there's a will, there's a way, sis! Don't give up! Jeno won't fall for her tricks. - Maya says and you take a deep breath.

          In that same moment, Sofia was walking by the halls and spotted you and Maya. She notices you are talking and decides to get closer. She hides behind the wall to listen to what you're saying.

-I'm so angry, Maya! Uggh! Like, there's nothing I can do now. I feel my blood boiling every time I look at her face. - You say snorting and Sofia straightens her eyes, starting to understand the subject.

-I feel you, sis. He is not even my boyfriend, but my blood is boiling too. - Maya says and you laugh weakly.

-I know I have no right of feeling jealous of him, after all, our relationship was fake. - You say and Sofia widens her eyes. ''The relationship was fake?'' She thinks.

-It was fake, but the feelings were real. It started because you wanted to get revenge from Julian, but in the end, it was not about it anymore, right? - Maya says and Sofia smiles widely while eavesdropping. ''Interesting... Very interesting...'' She chuckles and turns around, going away.

-Yeah. He said it was not about our agreement anymore. - You say pouting.

-See? We still can do something! - Maya says confidently, making you laugh.

-Alright, alright. - You say sighing deeply. - I just gotta keep an eye on her and not let her go beyond the limits. - You say and Maya nods.

          After taking some time to study with Maya, you check the time and look at your side seeing her yawning. You two, then, take your things and go to the dorm. You say good night to Maya, also feeling your sleep hit you.
          Getting in your room, you turn on your beside lamp. The low illumination adapts with your tiredness from the day and your bed really looks like it is calling you. You quickly change your clothes and slide under the blanket, but glancing at your table, you spot your notebook. You think for some seconds and decide to get up again. You place yourself in front of it and click the button to start.

-Uhm... What was the dance academy's name? - You ask yourself staring at the google page. - I think she said... Joffrey. - You say typing it down.

          You click on the website and it opens with a very beautiful layout. ''Wow... It really looks professional...'' You think. You see lots of pictures of the students and also of the place, which is very beautiful.
          After some time ''stalking'' the page, you find a part where it shows the best students. You scoff clicking on it.

-Let's see if Sofia is here. She always brags about how good she is, so she must at least be here. - You say rolling your eyes. You scroll down the page seeing a lot of names and pictures, but then the list gets to its end. - Uhm... Weird. For someone who is always complaining about me, she is not also the best dancer in the world. She is not even in the best dancers' list. - You scoff, pulling more your blanket over your shoulders.