Double Date - Chapter 120

The night comes slowly for the first time. It feels completely new for you when nothing is burdening your heart and making the time fly away. Today was the day you finally made a decision for yourself. At first, it needed a little bit of arguing, but then, everything got lighter. You could feel that the air was no longer heavy inside the house. Your parents accepted your choice and were happy for you.

-You're gonna visit us before you go, right? - Your mom asks, holding your hand tightly, and you chuckle.

-We won't go now. We have some time. Don't worry. - You say, giving her a hug. Your mom pulls away and looks at Jeno. He shows her a cute smile, and she opens her arms, surprising him. He gets closer, hugging her too.

-We still haven't met your family. I think we could... maybe, have a dinner together? - Your mom asks and Jeno smiles.

-Of course. My mom and my little sister are gonna love it. - Jeno says, indirectly explaining his family situation, and you mom nods.

-Perfect. - Your dad says, putting his arms around Jeno's shoulder.

Leaving the house, you and Jeno take the bike and come back to the dorm. Jeno notices you walking slower, with no rush on your steps, also slowing down, he feels you hugging his arm from the side.

-I'm happy everything went well. - You say and he looks down at you with lovely eyes. - Just by thinking of going to New York gives me goosebumps. - You shake your body playfully and he laughs.

You stay in silence for some seconds as he caresses your arm. You let out a random laugh, which makes Jeno confused.

-What? - He asks.

-I just can't believe you said that to them. - You say and he frowns. - About marrying me.

-Oh, that. - He chuckles.

-Would you really? Or was it just for convincing them? - You ask in a low tone and he smiles.

-Haven't I told you I want it? - He says and looks at you, seeing your eyes fixed on him. - If they said it was their condition, I would do it. - He says in a serious tone and again, goosebumps come to your belly. - I'm not afraid of marrying you. It will happen. I just think you would want to wait a bit more, since we are still studying. - He says and you nod, smiling. You two get to your dorm building, and you stop, looking at him.

-I feel exactly the same. - You say, holding his hands, swinging them in the air.

Jeno's eyes run by your face, contemplating the love of his life, right there in front of him. He gets closer, lowering his face and kissing your lips. It feels kind of different now. It feels intense. Real. Deep. It's the feeling of connection. Of giving your heart away to someone. Of dedicating your future, the rest of your life, for him.

He pulls away, looking at your eyes, brushing his nose against yours.

-I love you. - He says, and you take a deep breath, leaning your head in his chest and closing your eyes.

-I love you too. - It comes out of your mouth as natural as the sunlight in a spring morning.

-In a year. Be ready. - He says, and you smile.

-Deal. - You say, pecking his lips. His arms surround you in a last touch for the day. It's late, and he has classes tomorrow, so he must go.

In the next day, Jaemin wakes up, quickly getting up to get ready for the class. He leaves the dorm, walking by the halls checking his phone. On the screen, the application for the registration on Sunhwa makes him smirk. He sends the email, confirming his entrance, and now he just needs to wait until he gets called. He can't believe it's really happening, and the happiness inside his chest couldn't be bigger.