Misunderstanding - Chapter 81

-I'm sure it's not true, Y/n. Jeno wouldn't get back together with her. He never wanted her as his partner to begin with. And besides that, he likes you. - She says and you shrug, smiling sadly.

-I'm not so sure of that. - You say.

          During the lunch, you and Maya go to the table. You see Jeno is sitting there with Sofia, with their backs facing you. You sigh deeply, walking closer. Maybe now that you found him, it would be a good chance to call him to talk. Sofia would know about that, but you don't care. You have to know if the article was true. And it must be from him.
          You feel Maya caressing your back and she nods firmly as if she was saying ''good luck, sis''. You get to the table and sit down, drawing Jeno's attention. Your eyes meet and, somehow, you were hoping he could tell you something, even if it was just by the gaze, but he just gulps and deviates his eyes. Your heart gets worried. The silence shows the tension in the air. You didn't even say hi to them. You just wanted to drag him out of that place and have a proper talk to clear things up.
          Maya hadn't even sat properly on her chair when suddenly Jeno takes his bag and stands up, leaving the table without looking back. You widen your eyes feeling a cold shiver run by your whole body. Sofia frows, looking behind, wondering why he had stood up out of nowhere, seeing him walking out of the refectory.

-Jeno? Hey! Where are you going? - She shouts, getting no answer from him. Her gaze comes back to you, seeing you frozen at the table.

          Your eyes slowly look at her and Sofia just scoffs. With simple seconds, she understood everything that's happening between you and Jeno. And she couldn't enjoy it more. She leaves, running after Jeno, letting you and Maya alone in the table.
          Maya turns her eyes to you, already knowing how you would be feeling. The confusion in your head only grows the more you try to figure out what just happened. Jeno had never ignored you in a so cold way since you met him. The way he just stood up and left, just meant what you feared the most: the gossips were true. He and Sofia got back together.
          You feel your bottom lip starting to burn and your throat closing. Your eyes get watery, and a tear involuntarily falls from your eyes.

-Y/n... - Maya whimpers holding your hand. She can see how hurt you got when Jeno did that. You quickly wipe off the tear from your face.

-Did he need to do that? - You ask looking at Maya, not really expecting an answer. - If he is dating her, he could just have told me, or... I don't know. - You say confused, not even knowing what you're thinking anymore. - He didn't need to ignore me like that. Now what? He is gonna pretend I don't exist and avoid me at all costs? - You ask Maya, wiping another tear from your face. She looks around seeing some students looking at you and whispering.

-Come here. Let's go to the restroom to wash your face. Go first. I'm gonna buy you something to drink. - Maya says and you nod, breathing deeply. It's the only thing Maya came up with to say in a moment like this. First, she had to calm you down.

          Meanwhile, Jeno sits in a random bench at a hall of the university. He leans his elbows on his legs, running his hands on his face. He knows he shouldn't have left like that, but he was not ready to face you yet. Not after finding out you're with somebody else (at least in his head when he saw you and Jaemin). Ignoring you was the worst thing to do. He wished not to be so emotional, and actually, it's surprising to himself to be acting like this. When it comes to you, he goes out of his mind. There's nothing more to do. He cannot blame you. Your relationship wasn't even real to begin with. You have all the right to be with anyone you want. But at the same time, it hurts so much, because he loves you so much. Facing you in a moment like this it's too tough.

-What's up? You and your little fake girlfriend argued? - Sofia asks sitting beside Jeno and he sighs heavily.

-I don't want to talk about it. - Jeno says not looking at her.