Conquering hearts - Chapter 20

Going to the living room, Jeno sees you are not there. Looking around confused, he goes to his room with his mom, but you are not there. "Ugh? Has she come back alone?" He thinks, but then, he hears some voices in Yu's bedroom. Jeno looks at his mom and proceeds to walk towards there. Opening the door slowly, he sees you and Yu sitting on the floor with her toy.

-So tell me, what happened with her? – You ask.

-Me and Jenny were walking in the garden, and then she stepped in a barb. Now her paw is hurting. – She says and shows you Jenny's paw, and amazingly, it really had a barb in there. Jeno smiles finding that cute. Jeno's mom looks at you curious.

-Ooh, it really has a barb here. – You say chuckling. – Okay, so let's take the barb off. – You say and Yu gasps.

-But it will hurt! – She says very worried.

-It will hurt a little bit, but she is going to be okay right after. She needs to take this out. You have to be strong and cheer for her, got it? – You say and Yu nods. – Okay. 3... 2... 1... - You count and then you take the barb out. Yu gasps again and you give Jenny back to her. She hugs her tight with a smile on her face. She closes her eyes like you had really saved the life of her dog. Opening her eyes again, she looks at the front and sees Jeno at the door.

-Brotheer! – She shouts and you turn around fast, seeing him and his mom at the door gap. They enter the room and you stand up. – Look! Jenny had a barb on her paw and Y/n took it off! She is the doctor of animals! – She says jumping and showing the toy. Jeno laughs taking it.

-Yes, yes. I know that. Have you thanked Y/n for saving Jenny? – Jeno asks and she shakes her head.

-Thank you very much, Y/n! – She says running to you and hugging your legs. You get surprised and caress her head, finding that really cute. – Y/n! Teach me how to be a doctor of animals too! Pleaaase! – She says and you melt.

-No, no. Not now, Yu. Y/n has to practice with brother. – Jeno says and Yu makes a sad face.

-We can play again another day, Yu. Okay? – You say and she nods. Waving at her, you all leave her bedroom and close the door.

-Did you see that, mom? Yu likes Y/n hahahaha. – Jeno laughs and his mom nods.

-Yeah. It really looks like it. – She says and you look at her feeling a little awkward. – Look, Y/n, I didn't mean to treat you bad yesterday. We have had some... problems in our lives and it ends up changing our way of treating the others. You can come whenever you want to practice with Jeno. Or to plat with Yu too. – She says and you giggle feeling suddenly shy.

-No problem, Mrs. Lee. Thank you for receiving me. – You say.

-Great. Now we can finally practice. Let's go. – Jeno says taking your hand on his. His mom notices it and chuckles, coming back to the kitchen.

            You and Jeno go to his room and he turns the stereo on. The song starts to play and you two begin with the stretching.

-That was something I never expected to see. You and Yu playing. – He says and you laugh.

-Hey! I'm good with kids. Why are you saying that? – You ask joking and he chuckles.

-That's not it. It's because Yu doesn't like new people. Specially girls. – He says and you chuckle.

-A jealous little sister. – You joke and he chuckles. – Well, it looks like I have already conquered her heart. – You say with a proud face. Jeno grins stopping his stretching and walking towards you.

-Now you already have two hearts. – He says in a low tone. Your heart goes to moon and back, feeling it bump strongly in your chest.

-Two hearts? – You ask, looking at him.