XIII

"Rise and shine, sleepyheads." Damon smirks, sitting down on the end of the bed and I just stand by his side. Elena and Stefan sit up startled, pulling the sheets up to cover themselves.

"Damon? Em? What are you doing here?!" Elena seethes at the sight of us.

"Stop being smutty." Damon demands, rolling his eyes as if he thinks they're being dramatic. "If I see something I haven't seen before, I'll throw a dollar at it." Damon comments which makes me crack a small smile.

"Same here." I say, causing Elena to glare at me and Stefan rolls his eyes.

"Listen we have some very important business to discuss." Damon starts but Elena cuts him off.

"And it has to be right now?" Elena fires at him.

"We have lots to do now that we're all friends and working towards a common goal." Damon smirks, standing up from the bed to stand beside me. "So in order to open up the tomb we need the jounal, to get the grimoire, to undo the spell. So first things first... since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty."

"Since when am I helping?" Elena points out with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, Stefan's helping and you've taken up residence in his bed ergo." Damon smirks and I can't help the disgusted face that takes over me because I'm sure Elena and Stefan had a good night.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do." Stefan speaks to her with a soft tone.

"I'll look for it today" Elena sighs, laying back down on her pillow and pulling the sheets over her head.

"How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? Are we really gonna take the word of this vampire? He seemed like a dimwit." Stefan states, making me to nod in agreement.

"In lieu of any other options." Damon frustratingly speaks.

Elena pulls the sheets back down and sits up again with a look on her face. "What exactly is a grimoire, anyway?"

Damon sighs, looking over at my sister. "It's a witch's cookbook."

"Every spell that a witch casts is unique unto itself, so every witch would document their work." Stefan further explains to us which makes more sense.

"Yeah. Cookbook." Damon says in a 'duh' tone.

"What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit obviously wasn't working alone, so whoever's out there knows who we are." I point out the obvious, using Stefan's nickname for the guy.

"And I don't like that disadvantage, so... chop, chop." Damon claps his hands together, grabbing my hand as he stands up from the bed. "Let's go, Em. You know I really like this whole foursome team thing. It's got a bit of a kink to it. Don't screw it up." Damon smirks before he leads the way out of the room.

As we are outside the room I stop Damon dead on his tracks and gesture for him to listen to Stefan and Elena. His once cheerful smile turns to an annoyed glare and my guess is that they are planning something behind our backs.

"What did they say?" I ask.

"She was about to say something but he stopped her." He says annoyed.

"What if she can't find the journal?" I question and Damon spins around, looking angry at them. "I can try to go home and find it but Elena is the one that knows all of the spots where it could be hidden."

"No, it's fine. I need you with me. We have some important things to do." He smirks and I frown at his words, not sure about what he means.

"Okay..."