LV

Klaus has been building a mansion in Mystic Falls for himself and his family, and I came to pay a welcoming visit since I don't want to be alone and I'll do anything to distract myself. My eyes snap over to a girl pushing Rebekah's coffin away past me and I wonder why he didn't undagger her.

"I thought Stefan would have ditched town by now. He could have gone anywhere by now, yet he was here this morning warning me and threatening me..." he takes a deep breath, turning around to face me with annoyance dropping from his expression. "Why didn't you really leave?"

"And I would run with him like Katherine... I don't think so." I shake my head and he stares at me, kind of making me nervous. "Why are you staring at me?"

Klaus smiles before taking another deep breath, walking closer to me and I lean against the doorframe. "Uh... if you wish you can have your freedom back, Em, you don't need to help me find the coffins. Use your freedom smartly."

"Just like that?" He nods his head at me, turning his back to me to do what he was doing before I came. "So, should I be thankful?" I retort, walking closer to him and he turns around to face me again. "I'll help with whatever you need. My agenda was cleared out yesterday and I could use a distraction."

"You know, I hoped that when I freed Stefan, we'd pick up where we left off. I actually thought you would stick by my side like you did all summer but the first opportunity you find out I can't kill you... you left. I'm wounded." His breath on my face as he suddenly speeds in front of me, making me narrow my eyes at him as I swallow dry. "Uh, so much for a friendship, love."

"Friends don't strip friends of their free will and threaten to kill them five in five seconds." I seethe, not looking away from his eyes. "Plus, I did come back to help you. But once again, I didn't have a choice."

"Yet, you seemed so happy to be away from Mystic Falls..." he takes a small pause, smirking down at me. "You never blamed me for your vampirism because you know you're better this way. The gifts, the speed, strength, immortality of an original."

"I would be lying if I told you I hate being a vampire. I don't. But I blame you for making me enjoy kill others like their life means nothing. I came back and everyone turned their back on me because they think I'm a monster. And I blame you for that. I hate you for that." I confess, clenching my jaw in anger.

He smirks as he reaches down with his hand to touch my neck and I look down to see the necklace he gave me that I never took off. "I know you feel something towards me, Angel. You don't want to admit it because it'll become true"

I scoff, taking a few steps away from him. "I don't want to admit it because it's not true." Klaus smiles at my words as if he doesn't believe me. "Any leads on where Stefan is hiding it? He did come visit you, didn't he?"

"He wanted me to get rid of my hybrids. He demanded it or he'd drop my family in the bottom of the ocean. He didn't leave until he killed one of my hybrids." Klaus tells us and I raise my eyebrows at Stefan's impulsive behaviour.

Is he really trying to start a war he can't win?

"What are you going to do?"

"Nothing." He states which takes me back by surprise. "For now." I roll my eyes, knowing it sounded too easy that he gave up on getting his coffins back. "When the time comes, when I figured some things out, I hope you'd help me."

I nod my head without hesitation. "Yeah, of course."

"I gave you your freedom, you don't have to help med if you don't want to. What happened for you to want to stick around me?" Klaus comments and I shake my head as if saying 'nothing happened', not looking into his eyes. "I know when you lie, Emma. Whatever happened... I'm here for you."