XLII

"Tonight is the full moon. We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse." Elijah informs and I can't help but to look down at my feet.

After tonight I'm not going to be the same Emma Gilbert.

"Elena said that the Sun and the Moon curse is fake? That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus." Stefan clarifies and I nod even though he's not looking at me.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... He'll be a true hybrid." Elijah informs.

"Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie." Damon points out, walking inside the living room and I just wanna hold him even if it's for one last time.

"Damon..." Stefan starts but Elena cuts him off.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena argues back, immediately glaring at Damon.

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon shrugs like it's even an option.

"It's not an option, Damon." I say, making Damon lock eyes with me for the first time since he entered the door.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks, going back to the plan at hand.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah replies and we nod our heads at him.

"The moonstone." I mutter.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah explains, which means that Klaus needs a vampire and a werewolf.

Who are they?

Katherine, perhaps, but who's the werewolf?

"And where does Em and I fit into it?" Elena questions, causing me to look over at Elijah who's staring at me as if asking my permission to tell them what I chose to keep secret but I keep silence and stare emotionlessly at him.

"The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink Elena's blood to the point of the doppelgänger's death and-." Elijah cuts himself off, looking back at me.

"What about Em?" Damon asks coming further inside the living room to stand beside me.

I take a deep breath before looking over at Elijah and give him a small nod. "Emma is the doppelgänger legend, as you already know." Elijah pauses for a moment, not taking his eyes off me. "He will turn her for her to exceed her powers but he will kill her during transition unless we kill him first." Elijah stops his explains, making everyone staring at me.

"What do you mean 'turn her'?" Damon question, narrowing his eyes at Elijah.

"She....." I cut Elijah off.

"My life purpose is to kill Klaus. The witch that placed the curse on me made sure that if I died even by natural causes... I would turn." I see the looks on their face and before they open their mouth to speak, I beat them to it. "Changing subject. Elijah will come in before we die." I fake a smile.

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation." Elijah confirms, casting me a glance.

"So me and Em will be dead?" Elena clarifies, looking over at me and I sigh since it seems like they don't get the part which I'm going to turn one way or another. "Does the elixir make her not turn?"

Elijah opens his mouth to speak but Damon cuts him off. "That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon scoffs, shaking his head in disbelief. "You want to come back to life as a human... what about John's ring?"