XV

It's been a month and Bonnie hasn't picked up any of our phone calls since we got the news that her Grams passed away. I think she's blaming herself for it but she shouldn't, Grams used too much of her power and it's our fault.

I will miss grams.

Elena hangs up the phone and I walk over to her with a frown. "No luck?" I ask, sitting down next to her and she lays her head on my shoulder.

"Nope. I'm worried."

"I'm sure she's... as fine as one can be when... losing someone." I speak softly, my mind drifting back to our parents' funeral and how I wish I could go back in time.

The front door opens and I don't need to look up to know that it's Jenna. "Hey guys. What are you two doing out here? It's cold." She comments and I shrug, letting Elena answer for the both of us.

"Thinking, writing... Em is just keeping me company." She trails off, gesturing to her journal with a sad smile. "The funeral for Bonnie's grandma just bought up a lot of memories about mom and dad."

"Oh." Jenna says with a sad expression.

"Hey, I was wondering... you said you were going to do some digging about the adoption. So did you... dig?" Elena questions and that's when my thoughts drift away because I don't really know if I want to meet my biological mother.

There's so many questions I want to ask but at the same time why should I meet the women that abandoned me and my sister, tossed us to the side like we were nothing.

"Why don't you come inside?" She suggests, leaving us behind as she walks back inside. Elena gives me an encouraging smile, helping me up and I head inside right behind her.

We head to the kitchen where Jenna was seating with her laptop open. She types on it for a minute before turning it towards us to give us a view of what she found out.

"Your dad kept everything from his medical practice, records, logs, old appointment books." Jenna slides an old appointment book towards us and I narrow my eyes, scamming through it. "I found an entry, from the night you two were born. A patient and a birth date. Isobel Peterson."

I scoff at the obvious fake name. "That is the most fakest last name I've ever heard."

"That's what I was thinking, but the first name is most likely to be real. But where did she get Peterson. A classmate? A best friend? So... I binged it. I searched for all the Peterson's in this area born the same year as Isobel. Found three, two men and a women. Trudy who lived in groove hill, Virginia." Jenna explains to us, turning her laptop to us again.

"That's not far from here." Elena comments.

"Well, watch this." Jenna types into the search bar and it comes up with Isobel's class yearbook.

Elena and I spot her right away, looking confident with her cheer outfit and she looks genuinely happy and pregnant.

"Isobel. She was a cheerleader." Elena smiles, causing Jenna to chuckle softly since she looks so happy to see our biological mother.

"Is that me?" I point at her obvious pregnant belly and Jenna looks up at me with a nod. "1991. She was young herself."

"You know Trudy still lives there... this is her address." Jenna hands me the sticky note and I take it, immediately handing it over to Elena.

"What about Isobel?" I question, crossing my arms over my chest. "Anything else you found?"

"I couldn't find anything about her." Jenna frowns and I slowly nod my head. "Listen, there's something else. Mr. Saltzman... Ric, his wife was from around here and her name was also Isobel."