XLVII

Finally, we've arrived.

I don't know where we are yet because Klaus wanted to keep it a secret for some reason but we have arrived after a extremely long car ride.

We pull up in a old warehouse and I quickly step out of the car with Klaus and Stefan following right behind me. "Welcome back to Chicago Stefan. And welcome to Chicago, Emma." He says, smiling at me and I return it.

I have never traveled before in my life but with Klaus. Unlike my sister that simply wanted to be a doctor, I always wanted to travel the whole world and get out of my that tragic town.

I look around the place, wondering why we are in Chicago. Klaus pulls a door open, my smile widening as I'm able to see the entire city from up here as the truck that holds the coffins pulls up behind us.

Chicago is beautiful.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan questions with a bored tone.

Klaus said welcome back, so I guess Stefan has been here already during his ripper days.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good, old ripper days?" Klaus smirks, the three of us looking at the sight in front of us.  

"Blacked out for most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan shrugs, not sounding too sure with himself.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details is what makes it a legend. Word was the ripper of Monterey got lonely. Moved to the city. It was prohibition. Everything was off-limits then, which made everything so much fun." Klaus sighs dramatically, casting me a small glance but I ignore it like usual. "Chicago was..." I cut him off.

"Magical. It's what I could gather from your 'history lesson' when you stole Ric's body." I point out and he cracks a small smile. "You seemed to love the 20's. How was it?" I ask him, wondering about the decade of Jazz.

I love Jazz!

"You can take a look for yourself if you want, love. I have drank vervain today and I promise not to think about... inappropriate things." Klaus winks at me, looking me up and down while I roll my eyes at him as he starts laughing.

"Well, I'll have to take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan shrugs, walking away from the door and not caring about Klaus' memory lane.

"You are an ass." I point at Klaus and he smirks at me.

"You asked." I scoff at his words.

"Okay! Stop flirting with her. She doesn't want you! Just tell me... Why are we still with you? We all had our fun. Your hybrid's failed, I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan questions, sounding as fed as he did at the beginning of our trip.

Klaus smiles, patting Stefan's shoulder. "We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her. And she's going to answer our questions about Em's gifts." I deeply sigh, making Klaus look at me. "Why are you sighing this time, love?"

"Because it will probably be another witch that doesn't know anything about the gifts and another witch who will try to kill me since I didn't serve my purpose and teamed up with you instead!" I point out and I must say that our encounter with witches about my gifts have been beyond bad.

"Don't worry, love, the big bad hybrid is there to protect you." He chuckles at his own joke and I roll my eyes.

"I can protect myself, thank you very much. I just want one witch to help me with my gifts. They should help me because they know the gifts are meant for me to use it against you." I say more to myself but I'm sure he heard me.