LXVIII

"Were you only using me?"

He walks to me with a hurt look on his face. "I could never use you. I choose you today and always and you know it, Emma. You're the only one I don't want to disappoint. You're the first person I've truly loved in over a thousand years. Ever since the first day I laid eyes on you, I could not get you out of my head." Klaus smiles, taking my hands on his and I let him. "I would never use you because I love you."

He leans down and kisses me gently. "I can't leave with you yet. I have to help my sister."

"The bond of family." Nik pauses with a roll of his eyes. "After all we have to help our own blood." He says sarcastically.

"Look at your sister, look what you said to her. Why do you act like you don't care? Like you would actually choose your stupid hybrids over your family?" I question, causing him to drop my hands and turn his back to me.

"Those stupid hybrids would protect us from anything and-." I cut him off.

"We don't need hybrids to protect us. For gods sake, we're originals. And we will always have each other's backs! Don't you remember, Nik? Always and forever?" I fire back, trying to reason with him.

"If they were truly my family, they would not oppose me and run away, wishing me an eternity of loneliness." Klaus argues back and I walk over to him, placing my hand on his shoulders.

"You daggered them, they were mad at you but you know damn well, no matter what, they'll always have your back." I sigh, kissing his cheek with a smile. "I will always have your back."

Klaus smiles as I wrap my hands around him. "I know you will always have my back. And right now, you're the only one I trust."

#############

"Stefan." I call out, walking inside Stefan's room and he looks at me slightly annoyed. I came for a visit since I heard he's the one helping my sister eat animal blood instead of human blood.

"Emma, what a surprise." Stefan says sarcastically,but walking over to me and giving me a tight hug. "Elena is resting. We just got back. I took her to the woods today and-." I cut him off.

"You're going to put her on the bambi diet?" I snap with an eyebrow raised.

"Not you too." Stefan sighs, groaning in frustration.

"She needs to learn to control her thirst on humans, not being put on a bambi diet." I try to reason with him, my hands on my hips. "You know if she learns 'snatch, eat, erase', there's a higher chance she won't kill anyone." I point out, giving him a knowing look.

"She will kill someone. Name me a newborn vampire that didn't kill a human when they turned." Stefan sassily turns to me with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Me." I exclaim, pointing at myself.

He rolls her eyes, dropping his hands to the side. "You don't count. You were more in control when you turned than anyone ever in vampire history. Elena won't bear if she kills anyone."

"Well, she's a vampire. Eventually she will kill someone Stefan and that's why we have to prepare her for that." I say in a 'duh' tone and he narrows his eyes at me.

"Like you killed the council?"

I roll my eyes, taking a seat on the end of his bed. "Why would I do that? I didn't kill the freaking council, Stefan. And tell that to Liz because she has been blowing up my phone!"

"She thought Damon did it, too." Stefan says and I shrug, not actually caring about the council especially after they tried to kill all of us a few days ago.