XXXII

Damon, Stefan and I walk through my house since I spend the night at Damon's house because I needed to be with him and feel safe and tell him everything we found out.

This morning Stefan kind of stormed through Damon's room but soon regretted it. He covered his eyes with his hand and told us that we have things to discuss with my sister because he went to talk to Katherine this morning.

Damon wraps his arms around me and I look over my shoulder to place a soft kiss to his lips. When we pull away, he smiles down at me and brushes a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm so lucky to be able to call you mine." He whispers and I smile, reaching up to peck his lips again, letting him lead the way as he interlaces our fingers.

"So what happened?" My sister questions in worry.

"I went to see Katherine." Stefan states and I roll my eyes at the sound of her name as Damon wraps his arms around my shoulders and he stands behind me.

"You don't believe her, do you? All she wants is to strike a deal with Klaus to stop running." I comment, giving Stefan a knowing look.

"We don't believe a single syllable that comes out of her mouth, Em. We just want the moonstone." Damon reassures me, squeezing my shoulders in comfort.

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break." Stefan says and my interest peaks a little bit since I don't want anyone to die.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice. Ergo, you live. And so does my beautiful girlfriend." Damon smirks in victory, rubbing my arm as he places a kiss on top of my head.

"How do you destroy it?" Elena asks, crossing her arms over her chest and I'm pretty sure you can't just break the rock with a hammer.

"By releasing it from the moonstone." Stefan replies, leaning over the counter.

"How do you guys even know this is going to work?" Elena state with a shake of her head, having to be peter pessimist.

"Because we have a crafty witch on our side." Damon smirks at us, making my sister narrow her eyes at his words.

"You discussed it with Bonnie."

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us out." I explain since I was part of the conversation with Bonnie.

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone. She's not going to give it to you." Elena points out with a knowing look.

"We're going to get it from her."

"Well, what he means to say is, we will pry it from her cold, dead hands if we have to." Damon explains, making me smirk at the plan we came up with in such a short notice.

"Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it." Stefan explains, not taking his eyes off his girlfriend.

"Wow. I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out." Elena states sarcastically.

"Yep. We're awesome." Damon says as he does the eye thing.

"Except for one thing. I don't want you to do it." Elena says and we all look at her like she grew another head.

"What are you talking about? Elena, we don't have a choice." Stefan argues back, standing up straight to take a step towards her but she holds her hand up to stop him.

"What about Klaus?" Elena fires back.

"We'll find him right after we get the moonstone." Stefan tries to reason with her.