LXXIV

"This is a disaster!"

"Look, we don't know anything for sure." Stefan runs his hand through his hair, having been trying to convince me and Caroline that we don't know anything for sure.

"Yes we do! Stop being in denial, Stefan." I raise my voice, fed up with him having the same argument for the past half an hour.

"Elena is sired to Damon! Which means her one singular burning desire is to make him happy, just like Klaus and his hybrids!" Caroline explains to him like he doesn't already know.

"No it's not. A vampire sired to another vampire is one in a million." Stefan clarifies, standing up from the couch. "Maybe it won't affect her the same way."

"We already know it's affecting her. What Care told us yesterday proves it." I say which makes Stefan look up at me with a 'You're not helping' look.

"It's true! Everything he says, she agrees with. Everything he asks her to do... she does." Caroline backs me up, giving Stefan a knowing look.

"We need to do something." I state as Caroline pulls her phone out and starts dialling a number.

Elena.

"Wait, no, hold on." He grabs the phone away from her. "This isn't gossip. You can't just drop this on her before we know what's happening for sure." He says before glancing over at me. "I mean Emma turned with Damon's blood and she is not sired."

"Klaus fed me his blood before I died so I wouldn't be sired to Damon." I inform them, making Stefan frown at my words. "He told my about side bonds on our trip during the summer."

"Tyler said the sire bond exists because the hybrids are grateful to Klaus for relieving them from the pain of having to wolf out every full moon," Caroline sighs deeply, taking a seat on the coach with a defeated look. "and that's why they have to turn until they're not ruled by the pain anymore."

"Right." I trail off, slowly nodding my hair at her. "but Elena's not a werewolf so what's the vampire equivalent?"

"Well, that's the problem. There isn't one." Caroline concludes, cautiously watching our fearful expressions.

##############

Stefan and I walk inside the living room, Stefan called me to tell me he asked Damon to test Elena and apparently, my sister can drink from blood bags again.

"What are you doing?" Stefan questions his brother as Damon has books surrounding him as if he's trying to find an answer to his questions.

"Elena is sired. You were right, I was wrong. Happy?" Damon demands, looking through the many books he has laid down on the table in front of her.

Stefan shakes his head. "No, I'm not happy. But what are we gonna do about it?"

"Well, I'm working on it." Damon sighs, scanning through more books and he pulls out an old picture, handing it over to Stefan. "Here. Remember that?"

"New Orleans." Stefan frowns and I take a look at the picture to see a young women.

"1942, to be exact." Damon points out.

"What was in New Orleans in 1942?" I ask in pure curiosity.

"Other than bourbon and beads... me and Stefan." Damon glares at his brother and I wonder how someone can remember things they did decades ago when I can barely remember what I said five minutes ago.

Stefan nods with a smirk on his face. "What was the name of that girl you used to hang out with?"

Damon chuckles, looking up at us for a seconds before he goes back to looking through the old pieces of paper. "That was no ordinary girl. That was Charlotte."