XXV

"Thanks for coming, Ric. Can I get you something to drink? Coffee, bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon smirks when Ric walks inside the living room.

Elena and Stefan are sitting on one couch, while Damon and I are sitting on the one in front of them. My sister is hating me because I didn't sleep home and when she asked me about it, I said I stayed with Damon.

She's not happy about it.

"Elena mentioned you needed my help." Ric says, ignoring Damon and taking a sit on the armchair.

"Yeah, we were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." Stefan informs him.

You heard it right... this meeting is all about the mystery of Mason's super strength.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" Ric frowns, narrowing his eyes at the question.

"Well, you wouldn't. But your dead-not-so-dead-vampire-ex-wife/our biological mother, certainly knows." I point out, tilting my head to the side.

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena expands further, glaring at me which causes me to roll my eyes at her attitude.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town." Stefan points out.

Ric sighs, sitting up straight on the couch. "Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls rooted in folklores and legends but at the time I thought much of which was fiction."

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon smirks, making Ric roll his eyes.

"Aside from vampires, what else?"

Ric pauses a moment. "The lycanthrope."

"Wait, like werewolves?" Elena questions.

"Like Scott.... teen wolf actually exists? Like Jacob and the whole twilight thing? I was right! Why don't people ever listen to me? I should've of bet on it." I mutter more to myself but when I look up, they are all staring at me.

"No way, impossible, way too Lon Chaney." Damon frowns, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to his side which makes Elena glare at us again.

"Is it?" Stefan crossing his arms.

"I've been on this planet 160 some odd years, never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Damon looks over at Ric, raising his eyebrows as he waits for an answer.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Ric questions with a confused expression.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor at Founders' Day but the Gilbert device did and it affected his son Tyler." Damon informs Ric, who frowns at the information.

"If Tyler is a werewolf, which highly unlikely, why has he never told me before?" I mumble a bit confused and a bit pissed he kept a secret like that from me.

"I don't know. But at the school carnival his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought with one of the carnival's workers." Stefan backs up Damon's point. "It suggests it's some sort of a supernatural entity."

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure it out what it is." Elena explains, eyeing Ric in a pleading manner.

"Well, all her things are still at Duke. I mean her office is still there. She's technically still missing." Ric slightly looks over at Damon but Damon doesn't notice it.

"So can we get access to it?" Damon questions and Ric's expression tells us our answer straight away. "Ric, we need to know what we are dealing with. If this wolfman thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior, which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed." Damon explains with a harsh tone.