XXXVIII

Elena shakes her head and I roll my eyes as my sister starts overreacting by Katherine's presence. Katherine impressionante my sister this morning and this made all of them realise she was out since I forgot to mention to them.

"What is she even doing here?"

"When we killed Elijah, it broke the compulsion and freed the bitch from the tomb." Damon informs us with a fed up look on his face and I completely understand.

"How is that possible?" Stefan asks the obvious.

"He's an original, they have all sort of special skills." Katherine explains it in a 'duh' tone.

"I don't want you here. Get her out of here!" Elena whines and I roll my eyes at my sister's theatrics since there's so many other ways to get rid of the bitch, like killing her.

"You need me, Elena. You all do." Katherine smirks, taking a sip of a drink she just poured herself since she's sitting on the couch where the drinks are nearby.

"Oh, really?" I turn my full attention to her, waiting for her to elaborate her explanation.

"We all want the same thing... Klaus dead. Yet here you all are,running around like chickens with their heads cut off." Katherine crosses her arms, glaring at us.

"Funny, normally, you're the one running!" I smirk at her and by the corner of my eyes, I can see Damon cracking a smile at my words.

"I don't need your help and I don't want it." Elena argues back, ignoring my comment and crossing her arms with a annoyed look on her face.

"And that's incredibly stupid of you. Thankfully, Emma is the smarter doppelgänger after me, of course." Katherine shoots me a tight smile and I try hard not to roll my eyes anymore because they will get stuck at this rate. "Do you know where Klaus is? When he's coming, what he looks like?"

"Well, if you know something spill it or get out. Don't waste our time." I demand, making her stand up from the couch with a sigh.

"Okay. I'll just go to the Grill and have some lunch. Perhaps, Aunt Jenna is free for a bite." Katherine proposes, looking over at Elena and I chuckle at her.

"Your threats are getting older than you." I smirk and see Katherine frown and that's when I grab the drink from her hand and smash it against her head.

"You knew it wasn't going to hurt me." Katherine glares at me, composing herself with a glare.

"It was a warning of what I'm capable of if you get in my nerves." I wink at her and I can see Damon smirking at me before swinging his arm around me and walking us out of the room.

###########

I walk inside the living room of the Salvatore house after the long school day that I just had to see Katherine and reading a book. "You're still here?"

"Good to see you too." Katherine replies, not looking away from her book.

"Where's Damon?" I ask, looking around the awfully quite house.

"He's in the basement setting Elijah on fire... well, trying." Katherine shrugs and I can't even imagine how that is going since it seems like Elijah is impossible to kill, even with the dagger he's not actually dead.

"Great." I state, starting to walk down to the basement but Katherine stops me.

"I'll keep you company."

"I don't need another shadow. I already have two." I snap back at her, making my way down the stairs and not paying anymore attention to the bitch.

I walk towards the cellar door to see Damon trying to set Elijah on fire but it's not working and only his suit is getting burned, but he looks the same.